Ben Shapiro burns Barbies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:54:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ben Shapiro burns Barbies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Ben Shapiro burns Barbies  (Read 3516 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2023, 07:39:34 PM »

He literally goes of a leak which in many ways turned out to be accurate so this doesn’t really prove your point .

You mean like all the Atlas members posts about how much DeSantis sucks weren't proving our point?

Dude you have admitted you don’t really like Star Wars so you can’t really act like you know why we like different movies/shows or dislike . Star Wars like I said as a ton of Expanded Universe and most hardcore fans of the franchise have probably read 25+ Star Wars books (if not 40+) so we have a good idea of what we will expect from shows/moves from leaks .

I myself have read over 35 Star Wars books(mostly back  when I was in high school and a freshman in college) .

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2023, 07:41:13 PM »

He literally goes of a leak which in many ways turned out to be accurate so this doesn’t really prove your point .

You mean like all the Atlas members posts about how much DeSantis sucks weren't proving our point?

Dude you have admitted you don’t really like Star Wars so you can’t really act like you know why we like different movies/shows or dislike . Star Wars like I said as a ton of Expanded Universe and most hardcore fans of the franchise have probably read 25+ Star Wars books (if not 40+) so we have a good idea of what we will expect from shows/moves from leaks .

I myself have read over 35 Star Wars books(mostly back  when I was in high school and a freshman in college) .

You can flail and babble all you want. Geeks + Gamers are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic losers.
And the fact that you like them says a lot about you too.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2023, 07:46:35 PM »

The conservatives view that destruction of product is the highest form of protest shows their complete ignorance of capitalism and their violent nature.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2023, 10:21:59 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2023, 10:35:03 PM by emailking »

I have one half of Barbenheimer down. Hoping to see Barbie this week.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2023, 11:35:57 PM »

When I first saw it, I genuinely thought it was parody. It's insane that a lot of grown men paid tickets to attend a talk by this looser.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2023, 11:59:56 PM »

I myself have read over 35 Star Wars books(mostly back  when I was in high school and a freshman in college) .

You can flail and babble all you want. Geeks + Gamers are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic losers.
And the fact that you like them says a lot about you too.
lol maybe you are the loser, not “gamer geeks”
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2023, 12:15:13 AM »

Not that the movie needs it with how successful it's been but it's hilarious how Ben and conservatives in general seem to completely fail to comprehend the Streisand Effect.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2023, 12:41:55 AM »

Ben Shapiro also cannot satisfy his wife
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2023, 12:54:20 AM »

Imagine being an adult and getting triggered by a Barbie movie.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2023, 01:09:29 AM »

I don't really understand why he (and other conservatives) have such an emotional reaction to this movie.  Like others here, it doesn't appeal to me at all, so I will therefore never buy a movie ticket to see it, but to go the extra mile and actively burn barbie dolls shows you have bigger problems (perhaps unaddressed issues from childhood?) that require therapy.  
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2023, 01:30:41 AM »

I don't really understand why he (and other conservatives) have such an emotional reaction to this movie.  Like others here, it doesn't appeal to me at all, so I will therefore never buy a movie ticket to see it, but to go the extra mile and actively burn barbie dolls shows you have bigger problems (perhaps unaddressed issues from childhood?) that require therapy.  

Dude, have you followed these guys the last 5-6 years?
This is nothing compared to their meltdowns about Captain Marvel, The Last Jedi, Ghostbusters 2016, She-Hulk, Charlie's Angels 2019, Eternals, Rings of Power, Obi-Wan, etc.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2023, 01:33:11 AM »

Ok folks. Let’s say, hypothetically, that I am a Barbie girl. By definition, that means that I live in a Barbie world. Now, assuming that both of those statements hold constant, one would have to reach the inescapable logical conclusion that life in plastic is fantastic. Now that we’ve established that, let’s also say for the sake of argument that you can touch my hair, and also hypothetically undress me everywhere. Ultimately this means that by using your imagination, life is your creation.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2023, 01:39:13 AM »

This is nothing compared to their meltdowns about Captain Marvel, The Last Jedi, Ghostbusters 2016, She-Hulk, Charlie's Angels 2019, Eternals, Rings of Power, Obi-Wan, etc.

The Last Jedi was an awful movie that wrecked  Star Wars . The fact that you are defending it is lol worthy
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2023, 01:56:42 AM »

The Last Jedi was an awful movie that wrecked  Star Wars . The fact that you are defending it is lol worthy

First of all, show me where I defend the movie. In my opinion it's a meh film that doesn't deserve neither the praise, not the vitriol it gets.

Second, the movie's quality is totally irrelevant. Even if it was "Battlefield Earth" and "Plan 9 From Outer Space" level bad that wouldn't excuse the obsessive behavior of these hateful man-babies who for the last six years refuse to move on and are still churning out one video after another about how awful the Last Jedi is, how much of a Mary Sue is Rey, or how woke Rian Johnson's script is. This is unhealthy behavior but it's only typical that a Meatball Ron stan like you is unable to see it.   
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2023, 02:00:10 AM »

First of all, show me where I defend the movie. In my opinion it's a meh film that doesn't deserve neither the praise, not the vitriol it gets.

Second, the movie's quality is totally irrelevant. Even if it was "Battlefield Earth" and "Plan 9 From Outer Space" level bad that wouldn't excuse the obsessive behavior of these hateful man-babies who for the last six years refuse to move on and are still churning out one video after another about how awful the Last Jedi is, how much of a Mary Sue is Rey, or how woke Rian Johnson's script is. This is unhealthy behavior but it's only typical that a Meatball Ron stan like you is unable to see it.   

The majority of the Star War's fan base hates The Last Jedi regardless of their political affiliation. The problem btw with The Last Jedi is not that it is woke but that it completely disrespects decades of Star Wars lore.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2023, 02:01:28 AM »

The majority of the Star War's fan base hates The Last Jedi regardless of their political affiliation.

Source?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2023, 02:04:33 AM »

The majority of the Star War's fan base hates The Last Jedi regardless of their political affiliation.

Source?

Look at the audience score: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi

Look at how much hate it gets on Star Wars related forums and even redditt(which is a very liberal site politically) .

Just look at how much worse Star Wars related media has done since the Last Jedi came out as well then it was doing from 15-17.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2023, 02:13:06 AM »

Source?

Look at the audience score: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi

Look at how much hate it gets on Star Wars related forums and even redditt(which is a very liberal site politically) .

Just look at how much worse Star Wars related media has done since the Last Jedi came out as well then it was doing from 15-17.

It's been well-documented that the Last Jedi was one of the most notorious victims of review-bombing (along with Captain Marvel) and the reason why RT changed the way it calculates audience scores.

The rest of your argument is pure idiocy. No self-respecting person takes seriously what a bunch of edgelord teenagers say in reddit and 4chan. 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2023, 02:19:19 AM »

Source?

It's been well-documented that the Last Jedi was one of the most notorious victims of review-bombing (along with Captain Marvel) and the reason why RT changed the way it calculates audience scores.

The rest of your argument is pure idiocy. No self-respecting person takes seriously what a bunch of edgelord teenagers say in reddit and 4chan.  

Ok where else do you expect me to get this data from given there are no official polls taken of this type of stuff. Star Wars related forums/board is the best source available since its the forum which has the most passionate Star Wars fans.

A Normie viewer who kinda likes Star Wars is very different than the Star Wars fan who has read 25+ books, played multiple video games, watched episodes 1-6 multiple times, talked about Star Wars a lot with friends etc  .

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2023, 02:21:18 AM »

The Last Jedi was an awful movie that wrecked  Star Wars . The fact that you are defending it is lol worthy

Not everyone agrees with you on that. I thought it was the best Star Wars movie. If it wrecked anything, it's because Abrams tried to work around it rather than embracing it.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2023, 04:45:54 AM »
« Edited: July 24, 2023, 05:27:45 AM by Aurelius2 »

"If Ben Shapiro can't satisfy his wife, what makes him think he can satisfy America?" -DJT
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2023, 08:19:46 AM »

The Last Jedi was an awful movie that wrecked  Star Wars . The fact that you are defending it is lol worthy

Not everyone agrees with you on that. I thought it was the best Star Wars movie. If it wrecked anything, it's because Abrams tried to work around it rather than embracing it.

None of the films from the New trilogy were good. But I would argue “The Last Jedi” is the most enjoyable one simply for trying to do something of its own even if it’s to very mixed results.

“The Force Awakens” is like a bad remake and feels more like you’re watching fan-fiction or Star Wars advertising. And “Rise of Skywalker” is pure trash that doesn’t make any sense.

In the end, all three are nothing but cashgrabs to rip-off the Star Wars fans who will pay to see anything under the brand’s name.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2023, 08:42:25 AM »

Why is the dude even referred to as a "conservative", let alone "intellectual"? Actual American conservatism barely exists anymore these days. It's more of a reactionary and illiberal cult that's more concerned with fake problems than actual challenges. It's absolutely pathetic.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2023, 11:29:40 AM »

Source?

“Review-bombing” reflects how people actually feel about the film. Why did nobody “review-bomb” The Dark Knight? Could it be because they liked it?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2023, 11:42:40 AM »

Source?

“Review-bombing” reflects how people actually feel about the film. Why did nobody “review-bomb” The Dark Knight? Could it be because they liked it?

If you believe that all of the people review-bombing actually watched the film, I've got a bridge to sell you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies