RNC debate qualifying (6 candidates have already qualified for the second debate in September)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:49:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  RNC debate qualifying (6 candidates have already qualified for the second debate in September)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: RNC debate qualifying (6 candidates have already qualified for the second debate in September)  (Read 3366 times)
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2023, 11:11:05 PM »

Mike Pence finally qualifies for the first Republican debate:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/07/mike-pence-qualifying-debate-00110217

He is the 8th candidate to do so (Trump, DeSantis, Ramaswamy, Scott, Haley, Christie, Burgum, Pence).

4 other candidates can still qualify:

Asa Hutchinson has enough polls, but only 25/40k donors so far.

Francis Suarez has the 40k necessary donors, but only 1 state poll. He either needs another early state poll + 2 national polls, or 3 national polls.

Perry Johnson has the 40k necessary donors, but no poll. He either needs 3 national polls, or 2 national polls + 2 early state polls.

Will Hurd has an early state poll and a national poll, but not enough donors yet. He needs the donors and an additional early state poll + a national poll, or 2 additional national polls.

Larry Elder has neither enough donors nor any polls.

https://www.politico.com/2024-election/presidential-debate-gop-candidates-schedule-moderators-polls-tracker/

Hurd also has to sign/agree to the pledge
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2023, 11:14:46 PM »

All candidates still have to sign the pledge, not just Hurd (assuming he qualifies).

I have not heard or read anything about which candidates have already signed the pledge and who refused to do so.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2023, 01:41:10 AM »

All candidates still have to sign the pledge, not just Hurd (assuming he qualifies).

I have not heard or read anything about which candidates have already signed the pledge and who refused to do so.

The pledge is pretty much useless from a practical standpoint, though. Nothing would stop Trump from not backing any nominee that isn't named Donald J. Trump.
Redban

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2023, 08:11:34 AM »

Suarez got 40k donors? Wow … all this talk about how tough the 40k donor requirement might be. If Suarez can get it, anyone can
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2023, 08:21:07 AM »

Will Hurd says he ‘can’t lie to get access to a microphone’ at RNC debate

About a month ago Hurd publicly refused to sign the rnc pledge
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2023, 09:45:45 AM »

Suarez got 40k donors? Wow … all this talk about how tough the 40k donor requirement might be. If Suarez can get it, anyone can

He gave away $20 gift cards for $1 donations though. Or his PAC did. I personally got 2 different texts about it (reported them as spam).
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2023, 12:19:04 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2023, 12:22:06 PM by Aurelius2 »

Christie has already said he will sign the pledge just to get access to the debates, but not actually honor it. I don't think it's worth much unless the RNC plans to hold candidates' feet to the fire more than they are currently doing.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2023, 01:28:23 PM »

Will Hurd says he ‘can’t lie to get access to a microphone’ at RNC debate

About a month ago Hurd publicly refused to sign the rnc pledge

Hurd refusing to sign the pledge gets him the kind of publicity he wants more than appearing in the debate would. 
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2023, 01:48:42 PM »

Christie has already said he will sign the pledge just to get access to the debates, but not actually honor it. I don't think it's worth much unless the RNC plans to hold candidates' feet to the fire more than they are currently doing.

What can they do? What position of power is Christie even looking for at this point?
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2023, 01:50:39 PM »

What can they do? What position of power is Christie even looking for at this point?
He's running in part because he wants attention; they could deny him that. He seems like someone who'd be self-aware to know he has no chance. I doubt he's convinced himself he's in it to win.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2023, 01:53:49 PM »

He's running in part because he wants attention; they could deny him that. He seems like someone who'd be self-aware to know he has no chance. I doubt he's convinced himself he's in it to win.

None of Trump's challengers think they're going to win other than DeSantis, and ironically he is the only one on that stage that truly has nothing whatsoever to stand for. As embarrassing as the lineup is, at least each of them is sort of representing his own weird little platform. It'd be a mistake to exclude people based on bad vibes.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2023, 01:55:32 PM »

None of Trump's challengers think they're going to win other than DeSantis, and ironically he is the only one on that stage that truly has nothing whatsoever to stand for. As embarrassing as the lineup is, at least each of them is sort of representing his own weird little platform. It'd be a mistake to exclude people based on bad vibes.
To be clear I don't think they should exclude Christie. That would deprive us of great entertainment. However, they easily could if they wanted to.

Of course, if Trump decides to attend the debates he is going to take the pledge no more seriously than Christie is, and they won't be keeping their attention machine from the stage.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2023, 01:57:19 PM »

I think he genuinely wants Trump and his influence purged from the GOP. On a personal level, he probably knows Trump better than anyone in the field besides Pence, and that includes knowing his weaknesses. Just like how he basically ended Rubio's campaign with a viral debate moment, he probably thinks he can do the same thing eight years later.
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2023, 12:18:36 PM »

Ramaswamy is the first candidate to sign the GOP pledge:

Businessman Vivek Ramaswamy on Tuesday became the first GOP candidate for president to formally qualify for the first debate by signing a Republican National Committee pledge to support the party’s eventual nominee.

“I affirm that if I do not win the 2024 Republican nomination for President of the United States, I will honor the will of the primary voters and support the Republican presidential nominee in order to save our country and beat Joe Biden,” the new pledge reads, according to a copy obtained by The Washington Post. “I further pledge that I will not seek to run as an independent or write-in candidate nor will I seek or accept the nomination for president of any other party.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/08/08/vivek-ramaswamy-signs-rnc-pledge/
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2023, 12:21:33 PM »

Vivek Ramaswamy was the first to sign the RNC candidate pledge, according to a Republican source.

Others have not yet signed, according to the source, but they are expected to this week.

Plus: Foxy Business will host the second debate.

https://ktvz.com/politics/cnn-us-politics/2023/08/09/fox-business-to-host-second-gop-primary-debate/
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2023, 04:42:39 PM »

Almost certain now that Trump will not debate in any of the Presidential Primary Debates BECAUSE of this Pledge by the RNC!
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2023, 05:10:58 PM »

From the way that's worded it seems anyone who qualifies and doesn't sign that can't be in any future debates even if they later sign it.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2023, 10:57:33 AM »

Haley signs RNC Loyalty Pledge

Funny, she says it is not about Biden in 2024, it is about Kamala Harris.
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2023, 01:48:53 PM »

Elder and Johnson get their first qualifying polls for the first debate next week:

https://www.thetrafalgargroup.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/TFG-National-GOP-PPP-Poll-Report-0817.pdf

But time is running out for them.

Suarez needs 2 more polls to qualify.

Hurd also needs 2 more polls, and 2000 donors. But he said he won't sign the pledge.

Hutchinson has enough polls, but still needs 10000 donors - which seems unrealistic.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2023, 01:52:11 PM »

https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/status/1689660482393690112

She already said something to the extent of "Biden is going to die anyway". Quite disgusting. So much for the party of moral values.
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2023, 01:52:58 PM »

https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/status/1689660482393690112

She already said something to the extent of "Biden is going to die anyway". Quite disgusting. So much for the party of moral values.

Are you "Perry Johnson"?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2023, 03:14:28 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2023, 03:22:30 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Watching Nikki Haley keep attack Hunter on a nothing burger on Gun charge and didn't pay taxes and not focused on Trump isn't getting her one step closer to nomination age in the blk community considered another Michelle Bachman

Yep Nikki Haley whom won't ever be seen again like Michelle Bachman and Palin is surely playing the Bachman card to it's fullest extent Rs never learned
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2023, 12:34:30 PM »

Perry Johnson has qualified for the debate:

Trafalgar (national)
Victory Insights (national)
Trafalgar (Iowa)
Trafalgar (NH)

In all of those, Perry has 1% or more and they have 800 likely voters or more.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2023, 12:47:39 PM »

Who the  is Perry Johnson
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2023, 12:48:28 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2023, 03:38:03 PM by The Mikado »

Imagine how Asa Hutchinson (former Arkansas Governor), Will Hurd (former Congressman), or Frank Suarez (current Miami mayor) must feel when they hear that they aren't debating but Perry Johnson is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies