NV: None of these Candidates?

(1/3) > >>

TommyC1776:
How come Nevada has this on their ballot?  It seems like it's always on their.

From,

K4P.

Alcon:
Because they voted to.

Washington also voted on it, but they turned it down pretty heavily.

Basically, when None of these Candidates wins, there is a re-vote where none of the listed candidates are eligible.  I believe it once happened in a New York Republican congressional primary.

Padfoot:
Quote from: Nighthawk on April 07, 2007, 12:52:38 PM

Because they voted to.

Basically, when None of these Candidates wins, there is a re-vote where none of the listed candidates are eligible.  I believe it once happened in a New York Republican congressional primary.

Are you sure about that Nighthawk?  I'm fairly certain that in Nevada the candidate with the most votes still wins even if "none of the above" receives a majority.

Adlai Stevenson:
Quote from: padfoot714 on April 07, 2007, 01:31:58 PM

Because they voted to.

Are you sure about that Nighthawk?  I'm fairly certain that in Nevada the candidate with the most votes still wins even if "none of the above" receives a majority.
[/quote

Yes I read that too.  Nevada has had the law since 1975 - and it always wins a few votes. 

Alcon:
Quote from: padfoot714 on April 07, 2007, 01:31:58 PM

Because they voted to.

I'm only passing along what I've heard.  That seems totally pointless, if that's true.  You're probably right...no wonder we voted it down!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page