Bill O'Reilly's latest article - Offensive and Insulting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:16:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Bill O'Reilly's latest article - Offensive and Insulting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill O'Reilly's latest article - Offensive and Insulting  (Read 1992 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

« on: July 12, 2004, 02:45:39 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,125165,00.html

I heard about this on a talk radio show. This article argues that, "France has liberated nearly no one, Canada ditto." I'm paraphrasing, but it's pretty close.

These comments are outrageous. Canada since 1900 has been involved in WWI, the Spanish Civil War, WWII, the Korean War, and recently the war to liberate Afghanistan.

No one Mr. O'Reilly? Really? That seems like a lot of people to me.

In fact when people argue that Canada only played a small role, it can be argued otherwise. Canadians in WWI formed the bulk of the British forces holding onto the last of the Belgian territory, and when the German line collapsed Canadians advanced roughly 4 miles a day and liberated large swaths of Belgian territoy. In WWII the Canadian forces was largely responsible for the liberation of the Netherlands. Not to mention the countless peace keeping missions.

Indeed Mr. O'Reilly, no one has been liberated.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 07:29:58 PM »

No surprise the Canadians fought for communism in Spain...

Americans did too. I was wondering if anyone would pick that up. The Canadian government never sided with any of the two parties but allowed a volunteer group to be sent to bolster the Republicans. Much better than facsists.

Siege
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies