Do you see any major shifts in the next decade? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:01:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Do you see any major shifts in the next decade? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you see any major shifts in the next decade?  (Read 15259 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« on: April 02, 2007, 05:27:06 PM »

80% red = trending Dem. rapidly
40% red = trending Dem. slowly
gray = staying put
40% blue = trending Rep. slowly
80% blue = trending Rep. rapidly

Wow is that map WAY wrong...
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 05:13:07 PM »

This is what I think... Could be wrong..

Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »

I believe the Republican party will start to shift to the left just a bit, which would cause states like PA, OH, MI, WI, IA to trend toward the GOP. While the Democrat party will stay the same or even shift just a bit to the right *Keep in mind the issue of today will not be the same of tomorrow*.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 08:42:02 AM »

Trust me, there is no republican trend going on in MI.  Some of the old republican strongholds are solidly Democrat, and those. along with the old Democrat areas win the election for the Dems.  We have also had a loss of population, and like any neighborhood going downhill, the more wealthy are able and willing to move away leaving the poor behind.  The poor vote Democrat.  The only way a republican will win MI these days is if there is a really poor Dem on the ticket.

The best example is Kalamazoo where I am originally from.  Used to be a hands down win for republicans.  Today, it is solidly Democrat, and every one of my formerly republican family members vote straight Dem today.  It is also the home of liberal activist billionaire Jon Stryker whose company makes much of the medical equipment used on you when you go to the doctor.

I would have to say you are wrong.  A few years back you would have not think MI would be a toss-up to lean Demorcatic state, but now it is.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 09:48:24 PM »

80% red = trending Dem. rapidly
40% red = trending Dem. slowly
gray = staying put
40% blue = trending Rep. slowly
80% blue = trending Rep. rapidly

Wow is that map WAY wrong...

while some of them are right, maybe the map is a belated April fools joke as a whole??
The only map acceptable to the forum:

I don't understand why we'll have any more elections, actually, since they will always be based on 2004 and how liberal-trending the west is.

Most of them states you have are right, but some of the shade of colors are wrong. Like VA and NC... VA should be dark red, while NC should be the medium red.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies