Records shed light on Jeffrey Epstein’s state of mind in jail in days before death

(1/2) > >>

Woody:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jun/02/jeffrey-epstein-jail-documents-last-days

Documents show disgraced financier tried to connect with Larry Nassar and underscore failings by federal prison agency

Epstein was agitated and unable to sleep, jail officials observed in records newly obtained by the Associated Press. He called himself a “coward” and complained he was struggling to adapt to life behind bars following his July 2019 arrest on federal sex trafficking and conspiracy charges – his life of luxury reduced to a concrete and steel cage.

...Yet, even after a 31-hour stint on suicide watch, Epstein insisted he was not suicidal, telling a jail psychologist he had a “wonderful life” and “would be crazy” to end it. On 10 August 2019, Epstein was dead.

Nearly four years later, the AP has obtained more than 4,000 pages of documents related to Epstein’s death from the federal Bureau of Prisons under the Freedom of Information Act.

The documents also provide a fresh window into Epstein’s behavior during his 36 days in jail, including his previously unreported attempt to connect by mail with another high-profile pedophile: Larry Nassar, the US gymnastics team doctor convicted of sexually abusing scores of athletes.

Coldstream:
I always thought his death wasn’t that strange, it’s not like he didn’t have reasons to commit suicide when he’s the most famous paedophile on the planet and facing down life in prison. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was murdered, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was just suicide.

Hollywood:
I don't care what the media or officials write about the situation. I want live testimony from all witnesses leading up to Epstein's death.  This man operated an international criminal conspiracy for decades with the help of politicians and law enforcement, because he trafficked female and child sex slaves to some of the most powerful politicians and businessmen on the face of the Earth.  The whole situation should bother everyone.  Yet, there was reluctance to cover the story, or at least some major aspects of it, by the media, and that is deeply F-ing disturbing.  One of the victims started naming two Democrats and one Republican, and then the valve shut-off. 

Grumpier Than Thou:
Jeffrey Epstein, the most despised man on the planet who is certain to spend the rest of his life in prison as a known pedophile: hey guys i’m not suicidal

People who are very good at their job: ok I believe you

ingemann:
Quote from: Coldstream on June 04, 2023, 05:31:26 AM

I always thought his death wasn’t that strange, it’s not like he didn’t have reasons to commit suicide when he’s the most famous paedophile on the planet and facing down life in prison. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was murdered, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was just suicide.

The weirdness have always been the things around his suicide, not the suicide itself. Just as the weirdness around him was never his crimes, but how unexplained his rise from a nobody to a somebody was. Everything about him, his rise and how he was treated, seems made for conspiracy theories. The complete lack of interest from the media and judicial system to look into anything about him only makes this worse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page