SR 113-36: Domestic Tranquility Amendment for Atlasia (Amendment Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:42:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 113-36: Domestic Tranquility Amendment for Atlasia (Amendment Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SR 113-36: Domestic Tranquility Amendment for Atlasia (Amendment Vote)  (Read 3595 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« on: June 01, 2023, 05:01:06 AM »

I'm on LOA but i want to write my opinion here.

I just don't think this is a good idea, or at least not until as long the court case is ongoing. I believe it's 99% certain YT will get indicted and convicted, and there he would face a 2 or 3 year ban from holding office and voting. So I don't think there's a need for a constitutional amendment, have some trust in the process of the courts. Secondly, i don't like the precedent of banning someone via the constitution. I mean if someone has a 2/3rd majority, they can ban anyone they don't like this way. And it has already been proposed by some on the right that are accused to ban Griffin and Windjammer. And while yes, it's unlikely they would ever get a majority, i just don't like the precedent of banning someone this way.

At the moment, there's an alternative way where YT faces a 3 yr ban already. And given the constitutional amendment doesn't even include a registration ban it seems kinda redundant or pointless.

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 02:10:01 PM »

I'm willing to support tabling this because as i've said and that remains as such i'm not a fan of setting a precedent by banning users via constitution and as senator fhtagn has said he essentially already has a lifetime ban in Atlasia because of the moderators team.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2023, 07:42:40 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length