Mr. Morden tribute thread

(1/18) > >>

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.:
Since we of the mod team have confirmed the worst--that Mr. Morden's death late last year was not a sick joke and that he has in fact left this dusky stage--I thought a serious, dedicated tribute and memorial thread was in order.

This is a serious blow to the forum, to the scientific fields to which he apparently contributed in his offline life, and, most of all, to his friends and family. He'll be mourned and missed by thousands, which is more than most of us will be able to say.

𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆:
RIP to a real legend of the community, the only poster who kept his partisan views inscrutable through 18 years and 44,085 posts. Quite sad and shocking... it feels so awkward to only get to know this eight months after the fact, although we should really be thankful we got to know this for certain at all given this is an anonymous forum.

PSOL:
It…it wasn’t a joke?

Dear god…

RIP to a legend

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.:
Quote from: PSOL on May 29, 2023, 04:25:21 PM

It…it wasn’t a joke?

Dear god…

RIP to a legend

I understand and share that first instinct, given the forum's history with exactly this sort of ill-judged attempt at humor, but no, sadly it's confirmed. That really is his mother and she really is informing us of his death.

Alben Barkley:
Quote from: Command of what? There's no one here. on May 29, 2023, 04:32:28 PM

Quote from: PSOL on May 29, 2023, 04:25:21 PM

It…it wasn’t a joke?

Dear god…

RIP to a legend

I understand and share that first instinct, given the forum's history with exactly this sort of ill-judged attempt at humor, but no, sadly it's confirmed. That really is his mother and she really is informing us of his death.

I honestly still can hardly believe it. If it was anyone but you I'd still be questioning it, but I don't think you're the type to drag a joke like this out. Wow. RIP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page