Describe a Bevin/Beshear and Beshear/Cameron voter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:56:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Describe a Bevin/Beshear and Beshear/Cameron voter
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Bevin/Beshear and Beshear/Cameron voter  (Read 1150 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2023, 04:52:41 PM »

Describe Bevin/Beshear and Beshear/Cameron voters.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 01:27:03 AM »

Do you mean voting for these candidates on the same ballot or in different election cycles? After all, the first pair appeared on the same ballot in 2015 while the second pair appeared on the same ballot in 2019.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 01:39:38 AM »

Bevin 2019 - Beshear 2023: Going to be very rare, but where they exist, it will be in very urban locations like the Cincinnati suburbs, Louisville Metro, and Fayette County.

Beshear 2019 - Cameron 2023: Going to be very common in Appalachia and other rural parts of the state.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 03:04:52 PM »

My dad is the first one, in rural Western KY. I suspect there are many more like him.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 12:19:15 PM »

A Bevin/Beshear voter is more likely than not voting based on race or to a much lesser extent is someone who likes the work Beshear has done. A Beshear/Cameron voter is someone who didn't care for Bevin, but generally votes Republican.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 02:37:59 PM »

Bevin '19 - Beshear '23: IDK. Somebody who likes incumbents?

Beshear '19 – Cameron '23: Somebody who lives in Appalachia
EastwoodS

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2023, 07:14:08 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2023, 07:17:35 PM by EastwoodS »

I voted for Bevin in 2019 and will most likely vote Beshear. Stats- College educated, white, non-religious, Louisville suburbanite with left wing views on social policy and moderate views on economics. Was also never a huge fan of Trump but really turned on him after 2020 and have been increasingly disillusioned with the party. What I do not like about Cameron is he seems to be concerned with the national culture war and tying himself to Trump too much. This is a deal breaker. Also, Beshear hasn't done anything noteworthy or controversial (also has done a great job dealing with the natural disasters, shootings, etc), definitely a breath of fresh air from Bevin.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2023, 07:17:28 PM »

I voted for Bevin in 2019 and will most likely vote Beshear. Stats- College educated, white, Louisville suburbanite with left wing views on social policy and moderate views on economics. Was also never a huge fan of Trump but really turned on him after 2020 and have been increasingly disillusioned with the party. What I do not like about Cameron is he seems to be concerned with the national culture war and tying him self to Trump too much. This is a deal breaker. Also, Beshear hasn't done anything noteworthy or controversial (also has done a great job dealing with the natural disasters, shootings, etc), definitely a breath of fresh air from Bevin.

That kind of describes my trajectory too. I was never a Trump fan, but reluctantly voted for him in 2016. I now have no issue whatsoever voting for a Democrat now in a high profile race if the Republican is trash. Voted for Biden in 2020. Switched my vote from Perdue to Ossoff in the runoff because of the stolen election rhetoric. Warnock in 2022.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2023, 08:20:55 PM »

Bevin 2019 - Beshear 2023: Going to be very rare, but where they exist, it will be in very urban locations like the Cincinnati suburbs, Louisville Metro, and Fayette County.

Beshear 2019 - Cameron 2023: Going to be very common in Appalachia and other rural parts of the state.

Cameron isn't winning anything
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2023, 01:25:49 AM »

Moderator note: I have deleted several inappropriate, off-topic posts. Keep it civil and stay on the topic of the thread question, or else further punishment will be given.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2023, 07:19:01 AM »

What Solid doesn't realize both MS and KY are within MOE just like users still think Brown is toast Vance only won by 5 pts and Beshesr won by 39K votes Ds do well in VBM when it's MOE

Red Appalachian we won VA a long time

LA G is a Runoff too, it's still 6 mnths the G races
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies