What is in ur opinion the weirdest and/or implausible aspect of the 9/11 "truth" conspiracy theory?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:11:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  What is in ur opinion the weirdest and/or implausible aspect of the 9/11 "truth" conspiracy theory?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is in ur opinion the weirdest and/or implausible aspect of the 9/11 "truth" conspiracy theory?  (Read 1448 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 09, 2023, 09:26:07 AM »

For me, I've always wondered what's the point of the fourth plane. The conspirators either shot down a random plane or faked the crash (depending on who you talk to) for...what? It's already the largest terrorist attack in human history, how does this add anything needed to be able to invade Middle Eastern countries for oil/natural resources or whatever?

Also where did the missile that hit the Pentagon come from? A cruise missile would have to be fired from a military vase or navy ship....you mean no low level grunts are going to notice that or find firing a cruise missile on US soil odd?

But actually probably the most implausible part is that in the past 20+ years no one has had a guilty conscience and guilt-stricken confession from the hundreds if not thousands of people it would require to orchestrate that. Not even a deathbed confession? Surely at least some would've died of cancer or something since then. Or have a religious conversion experience and extreme guilt. Etc.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 04:00:46 AM »

The most implausible aspect of the 9/11 conspiracies is that it would require the Bush administration to demonstrate some competence
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 05:44:13 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2023, 05:50:31 AM by Benjamin Frank »

The weirdest conspiracy theory is that the planes after being hijacked were taken to Huh? while the Twin Towers and the Pentagon were hit with a directed energy beam and the Twin Towers was made to look like airplane strikes via the use of a hologram.

Too crazy for anybody to believe? This three hour documentary is based on it
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11147566/

based on this book by Dr. Judy Wood
https://www.abebooks.com/9781932595475/Where-Towers-Evidence-Directed-Energy-1932595473/plp
and a breathless review of her book:
https://www.amazon.com/review/R27NWC9MTZL7BO/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rdp_perm?ASIN=1932595473

Dr Judy Woods really was a professor of civil engineering, engineering mechanics and materials engineering. So, even having the proper credentials doesn't mean the person can't be an insane loon.

There can't be a crazier conspiracy theory than this, though certainly there can be conspiracy theories as crazy as this.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 02:07:40 PM »

That our government could have competently pulled that off.
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2023, 02:34:25 PM »

I once talked to an online conspiracy theorist who believed that the Twin Towers were destroyed by the government, which had utilized nukes in the basement of each building to destroy them.

There are literally dozens of problems with this ""theory"", to say the least.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2023, 08:02:18 PM »

Looking the record the CIA has during The Cold War, with all those toppled governments, this is the one part that does that add up.

But there's not really a good enough motive.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2023, 11:47:34 PM »

It's actually the "truther" conspiracy, not the "truth" conspiracy

(showing my age, I guess --- 7th grade during 9/11 here)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2023, 02:01:28 PM »

Namely that the Twin Towers were rigged with demolition-style explosives to make them collapse (i.e., "jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams!")

It would have taken nothing less than a small army of men working over several weeks to place explosives in two, 110-story buildings for a "controlled demolition."  Over 20 years later not a single one of them has spilled the beans?  or a peep from any of the thousands of eyewitnesses who would have had to see them entering or exiting the building while they did their work?   
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2023, 04:30:52 PM »

The idea that the Bush admin would want to go to ridiculous lengths for an excuse to invade Afghanistan of all places. Like, at least directly frame Saddam, Iran or somewhere they cared about controlling.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2023, 10:14:32 AM »

The denial that anything can burn or melt under the right conditions.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2023, 11:25:21 AM »

I have a very low opinion of the use of the 'word' 'ur' for your. Smiley
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2023, 07:27:11 AM »
« Edited: July 24, 2023, 07:32:18 AM by 🦀🎂🦀🎂 »

World Trade Center 7, funnily enough. The idea of some government goons being like "I'm just worried this isn't dramatic enough, Americans just won't be upset enough by two towers going down, we probably need to randomly knock down a tower that nobody knows to really push them into a frenzy" is very curious to me.

In general most actual conspiracies are a consequence of trying to cover up incompetence more than malevolent enterprises. If there was a conspiracy related to 9 11 it would probably be far more banal than the grand theories - it would be something along the lines of "if intelligent operatives had bothered following up on a lead or keeping an eye on their sources they would have prevented it all and higher ups kept that secret".
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2023, 09:00:13 PM »

The theory that there were no planes used in the attacks.

Literally thousands of people witnessed this with their own eyes.
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2023, 09:43:52 PM »

The theory that there were no planes used in the attacks.

Literally thousands of people witnessed this with their own eyes.

I thought the planes were holograms. Or maybe the towers were holograms all along? Wake up sheeple.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2023, 10:05:15 PM »

There are several dozen concurrent and mostly contradictory theories, ranging from the highly likely (more direct Saudi foreknowledge and/or involvement than the official report lets on) to the totally batsh[inks] (hologram planes).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2023, 11:39:41 PM »

I'm not a 911 Truther, I'm a 9/11 denier. It never happened. The WTC didn't exist. The whole thing was fabricated, probably by international banksters.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2023, 12:39:17 AM »

World Trade Center 7, funnily enough. The idea of some government goons being like "I'm just worried this isn't dramatic enough, Americans just won't be upset enough by two towers going down, we probably need to randomly knock down a tower that nobody knows to really push them into a frenzy" is very curious to me.

Truthers think the collapse of WTC 7 is suspicious because it housed several government tenants:  a clandestine CIA office, the New York branch of the U.S. Secret Service, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the NYC Office of Emergency Management.  In some theories, WTC 7 was the operational center for the controlled demolition of the Twin Towers (meaning that it also had to be collapsed in order to destroy the evidence, of course!)     
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2023, 12:53:50 AM »

How were the hijackers' passports found at the rubble of ground zero completely intact?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2023, 01:48:51 PM »

How were the hijackers' passports found at the rubble of ground zero completely intact?
Hologram passports.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2023, 02:41:00 PM »

"Jet fuel can't melt steel beams" always irked me because it absolutely can weaken steel to the point that it can no longer support the weight of a tower. If it melted the steel outright they would have come down instantly, not an hour later.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2023, 08:04:04 AM »

The idea that the US government under Bush wouldn't invade a country without a reason
ReaganLimbaugh
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2023, 09:03:28 PM »

What is in your opinion the weirdest and/or implausible aspect of the Stacy Abrams was really elected Governor of Georgia conspiracy theory?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies