Which Republican Candidates Will Attack Trump During Primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:17:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which Republican Candidates Will Attack Trump During Primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How will each primary opponent attack Trump?
DeSantis - Will attack Trump directly

DeSantis - May softly attack Trump

DeSantis - Will say nothing negative about Trump

Scott - Will attack Trump directly

Scott - May softly attack Trump

Scott - Will say nothing negative about Trump

Haley - Will attack Trump directly

Haley - May softly attack Trump

Haley - Will say nothing negative about Trump

Hutchinson - Will attack Trump directly

Hutchinson - May softly attack Trump

Hutchinson - Will say nothing negative about Trump

Elder - Will attack Trump directly

Elder - May softly attack Trump

Elder - Will say nothing negative about Trump

Ramaswany - Will attack Trump directly

Ramaswany - May softly attack Trump

Ramaswany - Will say nothing negative about Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which Republican Candidates Will Attack Trump During Primary  (Read 509 times)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2023, 05:48:54 PM »

How will each of the declared Republican candidates deal with trump as their opponent?

Directly attack - say he’s the wrong choice; 1/6 liability; the past; lost in 2020; cannot win in 2024; dangerous; anti-democratic

Softly attack - will strategically promote self as best option, even better than trump, but will try to avoid saying anything too negative; will always defer to “well he’s a better option than Joe Biden” (I.e. deftly trying to be trump’s VP pick)

Say nothing - bootlicker option; will literally not say a bad word about him; will try to ignore the trump candidacy or even praise it; will adopt all of his positions; will go all in on tearing down trump’s perceived competition. (I.e. desperate attempt to be trump’s VP pick)

Also, can you think of anyone who might enter the race who will go all in on attacking trump?
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 06:00:31 PM »

Or just a Cabinet position.

Also, can you think of anyone who might enter the race who will go all in on attacking trump?

Sununu very easily.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 08:58:50 PM »

How will each of the declared Republican candidates deal with trump as their opponent?

Directly attack - say he’s the wrong choice; 1/6 liability; the past; lost in 2020; cannot win in 2024; dangerous; anti-democratic

Softly attack - will strategically promote self as best option, even better than trump, but will try to avoid saying anything too negative; will always defer to “well he’s a better option than Joe Biden” (I.e. deftly trying to be trump’s VP pick)

Say nothing - bootlicker option; will literally not say a bad word about him; will try to ignore the trump candidacy or even praise it; will adopt all of his positions; will go all in on tearing down trump’s perceived competition. (I.e. desperate attempt to be trump’s VP pick)

To be fair, it's entirely likely some directly attack him, just not on the points you mentioned (which is viewed as leftist attacks). So they could attack him from the right.
Redban

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 09:04:21 PM »

Mike Pence. He’s already showed signs of going in that direction (“History will hold him accountable for January 6th”; “I learned a lot from being Trump’s VP - about subpoenas for example”). And he has no reason to hold back - he won’t be VP again if Trump wins the nom, and he isn’t concerned about making MAGAers angry by attacking Trump because they already hate Pence right now

Since Pence was there with Trump from 2016-2020 and had many close interactions with him, Pence has the most ammo against Trump in form of anecdotal stories and insider info
Redban

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 11:40:35 AM »

FYI: Pence again shows signs that he will be the one to attack Trump straight-up"

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2023/05/24/mike-pence-says-raising-the-social-security-retirement-age-should-be-on-the-table/70243865007/

As he nears an expected run for president, former Vice President Mike Pence has begun drawing a contrast with Donald Trump, saying changes to Social Security and Medicare should be on the table when it comes to reducing the nation's spending.

Speaking to the Des Moines Register's editorial board Wednesday morning, Pence said "my old running mate's policy is identical to Joe Biden's."

"I think that both Joe Biden and my former running mate have made it clear that they won’t even discuss Social Security or Medicare reform, and I just think that’s unacceptable," Pence said. "I think that policy is insolvency."
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 02:09:29 PM »

FYI: Pence again shows signs that he will be the one to attack Trump straight-up"

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2023/05/24/mike-pence-says-raising-the-social-security-retirement-age-should-be-on-the-table/70243865007/

As he nears an expected run for president, former Vice President Mike Pence has begun drawing a contrast with Donald Trump, saying changes to Social Security and Medicare should be on the table when it comes to reducing the nation's spending.

Speaking to the Des Moines Register's editorial board Wednesday morning, Pence said "my old running mate's policy is identical to Joe Biden's."

"I think that both Joe Biden and my former running mate have made it clear that they won’t even discuss Social Security or Medicare reform, and I just think that’s unacceptable," Pence said. "I think that policy is insolvency."

Now HERES someone who could poll below Ramswamy
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 08:26:00 PM »

Honestly I could at this point see him taking significant support from DeSantis, among the "conservative but lukewarm on Trump" demographic common among like Mormons and some evangelicals. His problem though is that he's both too tied to Trump and too tied to opposing Trump.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2023, 07:42:07 AM »

I voted that Rob will attack Trump directly because that is his only hope of winning the nomination.
Redban

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2023, 07:56:47 AM »

He's polling about double or triple what Ramsway is polling. Pence often polls a shade ahead of Haley for 3rd place even though he hasn't announced. He has a valid claim to make an attempt for the presidency in 2024. If he doesn't make headway, he can drop out. But he should make the try
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies