Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:28:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety  (Read 3463 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: May 29, 2023, 04:45:45 PM »

Very few trans teens have easy or fun lives, even if their parents support them. The incentives just don't align for someone to fake being trans to be "cool" or whatever.

Anorexia is not a fun disorder, but the number of people suffering from the disorder increased with the increased focus on it. These things should not be seen as conscious decisions, but we were all in our teenage years convinced something were wrong with us, I’m going to guess half the people here between 25-35 year old self diagnosed with Asperger in their teenager years and really believed in it.

So yes the increase in transgender teens could be a case of increased acceptance, but it could just as well be a “fashion”.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 04:24:41 PM »

Very few trans teens have easy or fun lives, even if their parents support them. The incentives just don't align for someone to fake being trans to be "cool" or whatever.

Anorexia is not a fun disorder, but the number of people suffering from the disorder increased with the increased focus on it. These things should not be seen as conscious decisions, but we were all in our teenage years convinced something were wrong with us, I’m going to guess half the people here between 25-35 year old self diagnosed with Asperger in their teenager years and really believed in it.

So yes the increase in transgender teens could be a case of increased acceptance, but it could just as well be a “fashion”.

Do you have a citation for that or is it based on your own "research"? It's hard to believe that more people started starving themselves just because anorexia was discussed more.

What are you talking about, I come with no conclusion what the cause of the increase in transgender young people are, I just lay out the two different scenarios out.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 05:05:37 PM »

There were Census questions asked of this in the UK.

1% of 16-24 year olds identified as trans

Amongst my age group it's 0.7%. In my parents age group, 0.3%

I've been out of the closet for 22 years.

4.5% of 16-24 men identified as LGB. In my age group 3.5%. In my parents age group 1%

Similar stats for women.

If the 'youngs' are too trans because of some nebulous 'contagion' or because 'it's cool' or 'a phase' what's the 'correct' figure? If the increase in trans ID is in line with that of LGB identification, which it is, then what's our 'correct' figure?

Who's going to start telling gay men pushing 40, 'oh the numbers are a bit high'.

Do this distinct between trans gender and non-binary.

In Denmark 0,54% identifies as non-binary, while 0,1% identifies as transgender. The number of trans women and men are equal, while more people born female (66%) than born male (33%) identifies as non-binary.

Of the general population 1,1% identifies as homosexual (around 75% gays to 25% lesbian), 2,2% identifies as bisexual (around 40% male and 60% female), 0,2% identifies as asexual with a slight overrepresentation of women. 4,8% has a other or unclear sexual identity (over representation of women). 92% of the population identifies as heterosexual (slight overrepresentation of men).

Interesting fact people with a Muslim background are significant more likely than people with a non-Muslim background to identify as LGBTQ+ (in all categories). This came as a surprise when I read it first time. In case of transgender/non-binary 1,8% of people of Muslims background identifies as such, while 0,51% of people of non-Muslim background.

Other interesting fact, homosexuals are massive overrepresented in the capital region, while transgender, non-binary and bisexual are spread out over the country, in fact the regions with the two biggest cities (Copenhagen and Aarhus) is the two region where transgender and non-binary are underrepresented. I find it interesting that people in less urban areas are more likely to have non-cis identity, this in my opinion is a argument against the fashion argument.

Source: Projekt Sexus 2019
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 07:09:29 AM »

There were Census questions asked of this in the UK.

1% of 16-24 year olds identified as trans

Amongst my age group it's 0.7%. In my parents age group, 0.3%

I've been out of the closet for 22 years.

4.5% of 16-24 men identified as LGB. In my age group 3.5%. In my parents age group 1%

Similar stats for women.

If the 'youngs' are too trans because of some nebulous 'contagion' or because 'it's cool' or 'a phase' what's the 'correct' figure? If the increase in trans ID is in line with that of LGB identification, which it is, then what's our 'correct' figure?

Who's going to start telling gay men pushing 40, 'oh the numbers are a bit high'.

Do this distinct between trans gender and non-binary.

In Denmark 0,54% identifies as non-binary, while 0,1% identifies as transgender. The number of trans women and men are equal, while more people born female (66%) than born male (33%) identifies as non-binary.

Of the general population 1,1% identifies as homosexual (around 75% gays to 25% lesbian), 2,2% identifies as bisexual (around 40% male and 60% female), 0,2% identifies as asexual with a slight overrepresentation of women. 4,8% has a other or unclear sexual identity (over representation of women). 92% of the population identifies as heterosexual (slight overrepresentation of men).

Interesting fact people with a Muslim background are significant more likely than people with a non-Muslim background to identify as LGBTQ+ (in all categories). This came as a surprise when I read it first time. In case of transgender/non-binary 1,8% of people of Muslims background identifies as such, while 0,51% of people of non-Muslim background.

Other interesting fact, homosexuals are massive overrepresented in the capital region, while transgender, non-binary and bisexual are spread out over the country, in fact the regions with the two biggest cities (Copenhagen and Aarhus) is the two region where transgender and non-binary are underrepresented. I find it interesting that people in less urban areas are more likely to have non-cis identity, this in my opinion is a argument against the fashion argument.

Source: Projekt Sexus 2019

You were the one who postulated increased trans ID as reflecting 'fashion'. And compared it to anorexia and ASD.

I have evidence that it correlated with increased LGB identity across age groups.

So if trans is 'fashion' so is LGB. And are you then suggesting that I've been following 'fashion' for the last twenty years?

If you read what I write, I argued that the spread of transgender and non-binary people with overrepresentation in less urban area was in fact a good argument against it being a “fashion”. If it was a fashion we would expect to see an overrepresentation in more “woke” areas and we’re in fact seeing the opposite (in a Danish context). In fact it seems more conservative groups tend to produce a greater number of non-binary and transgender people.

Another argument against the “fashion” argument is that transgender people have a equal gender representation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies