Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:28:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety  (Read 3474 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: May 26, 2023, 05:39:53 PM »

At this point left-wingers need to gather outside right-wing churches and blast explicit rap music during service. If right-wingers are going to harass stores then they need to be handed back their behavior.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 06:11:19 PM »

At this point left-wingers need to gather outside right-wing churches and blast explicit rap music during service. If right-wingers are going to harass stores then they need to be handed back their behavior.

Rightwingers copy leftwing behavior with boycotts of stores over politics and the left response is to then turn around and harass church goers? Politicis really is about which side can be more horrible than the other and nothing more.

What I described is a protest. The right-wing has been making bomb threats to target and also vandalizing displays within the stores.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 11:59:00 AM »

Rightwingers copy leftwing behavior with boycotts of stores over politics and the left response is to then turn around and harass church goers? Politicis really is about which side can be more horrible than the other and nothing more.

What I described is a protest. The right-wing has been making bomb threats to target and also vandalizing displays within the stores.

Yet not a peep out of you when Target stores were being looted by BLM criminals in 2020.

People who make bomb threats need to go to jail.  But ALL of them, not just those whose ideology is favored.  Same with looters.

At a personal level I don't shop/not shop stores because of their politics.  I've shopped Walmart even though I'm not happy at all as to what they've done to much of small-town America.  I've shopped Target even though I've considered them mildly hostile to Evangelical Christians and openly supportive of social agendas I do not support.  What's amazing here is the Atlas Left getting upset not just with bomb threats (which are rightly called out and should be legally punished) and simple pushback from people who have as much right to be vocal in their objections to a retailer's marketing practices as anything else.

If a retailer wants to celebrate Pride Month, that's up to them.  That a retailer would demand that an employee actively affirm the concept of Pride Month by wearing a Rainbow pin or shirt, etc. is something else.  I'm fine with not forcing an unbeliever or someone with a religious objection to actively affirming Christmas, but that cuts both ways, and store employees should not have to affirm Pride Month as something they agree with when they don't.  Corporate America has gone there, and they've rightly received pushback.  If we're going to be a "diverse" society, learning to live and let live without requiring others affirm where you, personally, are at, is going to be a necessity for people to make this thing work.  That, quite frankly, goes double for the arm-twisters of the Woke Left than it does for the Far Right these days (although that certainly wasn't always the case).

You always blame BLM when your side does something wrong. And I recall reading that some of the looting was instigated by white supremacists https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-helped-ignite-george-floyd-riots-identified-white/story?id=72051536

That aside there is a difference between protests that get out of control and organized campaigns against companies that lead to death threats. Republican politicians have been fueling their base to attack Target knowing very well that their base includes very unstable people.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 02:25:34 PM »

There seems to be some confusion about "becoming transgender" and simply being openly transgender. Numbers change because more people feel safer being transgender and if they decline then it will likely be a sign that they feel less safe. Younger people are more secure about being open whereas older people are not.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 05:09:00 PM »

Very few trans teens have easy or fun lives, even if their parents support them. The incentives just don't align for someone to fake being trans to be "cool" or whatever.

Anorexia is not a fun disorder, but the number of people suffering from the disorder increased with the increased focus on it. These things should not be seen as conscious decisions, but we were all in our teenage years convinced something were wrong with us, I’m going to guess half the people here between 25-35 year old self diagnosed with Asperger in their teenager years and really believed in it.

So yes the increase in transgender teens could be a case of increased acceptance, but it could just as well be a “fashion”.

Do you have a citation for that or is it based on your own "research"? It's hard to believe that more people started starving themselves just because anorexia was discussed more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies