Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:32:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety  (Read 3465 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: May 24, 2023, 08:17:42 AM »

This is the Walsh-DeSantis-Raichik America that Republicans and their useful stooges are bringing about.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 05:48:44 PM »

At this point left-wingers need to gather outside right-wing churches and blast explicit rap music during service. If right-wingers are going to harass stores then they need to be handed back their behavior.

Rightwingers copy leftwing behavior with boycotts of stores over politics and the left response is to then turn around and harass church goers? Politicis really is about which side can be more horrible than the other and nothing more.

There's nothing "horrible" about boycotts at all. If you don't want to shop at Target over this, fine. It's the bullying and threats of violence (with many examples of said threats being acted upon) where Republicans are going over the line here.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 11:16:01 AM »

But I think there is an agenda to make children trans, who aren't trans.

You are incorrect about this. Do not believe lies from the likes of Matt Walsh, Ron DeSantis, Chiya Raichik, and the like.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 01:04:51 PM »

I wonder how many of the bomb threats are just false flags in order to make the other side look bad.

Probably some of them are. The type of person who thinks bomb threats are OK isn't likely to have a moral objection to some lying.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023, 04:46:01 PM »

Good. No business should sell "tuck friendly" women swimwear where children shop. Glad Target did the right thing

Target also sells lingerie, but I'm going to guess you and every other conservative doesn't have a problem with that.

They also sell sex toys, as seen at the bottom of that link. Although the Right would presumably object to those if they realized it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 10:07:54 AM »

Very few trans teens have easy or fun lives, even if their parents support them. The incentives just don't align for someone to fake being trans to be "cool" or whatever.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 02:48:15 PM »

At least 2 people from my high school class have since come out as transgender as adults. While puberty blockers and hormones were available and prescribed back in the early 00s (making the sudden Republican moral panic about them in 2022 all the more ridiculous), they weren't as widespread back then. I haven't talked to either of those people in years, so I haven't actually discussed their transitions with them, but I would suspect they probably knew they were different back then and had society been at the point it was in 2003 as it is now in 2023 (oops 2021, thanks Republicans), they probably would have transitioned back in high school.

So while societal differences are likely playing a role in why trans people are more likely to come out now than in the past, it's not because non-trans people are pretending to be trans to be cool (because, as we all remember, transgender people still live very hard lives even in areas where people support them), but because transgender people are more likely to feel safe and comfortable telling other people who they really are.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies