Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:34:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety  (Read 3455 times)
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 26, 2023, 05:30:06 PM »

Good. No business should sell "tuck friendly" women swimwear where children shop. Glad Target did the right thing
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 10:29:34 AM »

Good. No business should sell "tuck friendly" women swimwear where children shop. Glad Target did the right thing
What's wrong with tuck friendly swimwear? The alternative is what probably a miniscule minority of trans people but unfortunately a decent chunk of the more in your face activist types and the standard insufferable Twitter people want, which is actually flaunting bulges to get people upset (and would actually be quite frowned upon and even argued to be sexual harassment coming from cis men.) But again that's a tiny minority and "tuck friendly" swimwear is a good thing to have for the trans people who aren't them.

The Satanic stuff on the other hand is pure evil and it's good that that's going away (although of course the threats and violence are not justified and those engaging in them need to be aggressively prosecuted.)
I don't have a problem with trans people (just need to get that out of the way)

But I think there is an agenda to make children trans, who aren't trans. This is wrong. Just like its wrong to try to make trans children not trans.

Target having "tuck friendly" swimwear is part of that agenda. It wants to present being trans as both cool and a choice for all children. Its the same logic as "children under five can't possible know rather they are a boy or girl so both should be presented as options"
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 10:31:45 AM »

Target also sells lingerie, but I'm going to guess you and every other conservative doesn't have a problem with that.
I am a social democrat. I want free college and single payer healthcare. Foodstamps for everyone who needs it. Pro union and high minimum wage. Pro immigration.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 08:04:49 PM »

The increase in ftm identification is very curious to me. Would most of these people have just been tomboys 20 years ago? Is the massive increase because these young people see the advantages men have in the world due to patriarchy and/or think being a man would be less traumatic or "safer"?

That's not how any of this works...

Really? You're sure? You're not known for always being right about this stuff...

I am one of the few people on this website who doesn't have brain worms about transgender rights.

To suggest that people transition from female to male as a means of escaping the patriarchy is extremely stupid for several reasons, least of all that trans men are not seen as being "real men" by a significant portion of society, and would broadly speaking, not be awarded the same benefits that cisgender men enjoy.

But even if this gap did not exist, and cis men and trans men were treated identically by society, it would still be extremely ridiculous to suggest that people are transitioning from female to male for the purpose of increasing their relative privilege. That is not how dysphoria works and is not how gender identity works.

It's the same stupid logic that transphobes use when arguing that trans athletes transition from male to female for the sole purpose of doing better in sports. That's just an extremely stupid argument to make and is not worth treating seriously.
Especially since there are a LOT more trans women than trans men.

Of course, this is just a theory I have. But I wonder if there are more trans men than trans women because women enjoy certain benefits men do not have. Like, if you are a guy your whole value is based on what you can provide finacially. How many men go decades without any love or affection?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 03:16:01 PM »

because women enjoy certain benefits men do not have

No such benefit exists.
Its well known that men struggle with loneliness far more than women do
https://www.rootsofloneliness.com/male-loneliness#:~:text=Bottom%20Line%3A%20Struggling%20with%20feelings,even%20though%20it's%20rarely%20discussed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies