Why the Dems beat expectations in the 2022 election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:52:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why the Dems beat expectations in the 2022 election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the Dems beat expectations in the 2022 election  (Read 1225 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: May 23, 2023, 08:46:57 AM »
« edited: May 23, 2023, 08:59:59 AM by Torie »

This discursive article that goes on forever and ever; it basically asserts that the Dems really didn't exceed expectations, except in 8 states, with the Pubs doing better in Florida as an "outlier." 8 is more than 1 net.

The reason? One was the prevalence of mail in voting in those 8 states. The second was the Dems concentrated their resources in the Big 8, trying to save their Senate majority, and heavily outspent the Pubs, given their laser beam focus. The result? The Dems turned unlikely voters into actual voters for their cause. At least that is the author's operative "suspicion."

Not a word about candidate quality. Maybe in the end that does not matter anymore, in the current Manichean political environment where we all hate each other as demonic (if you don't believe me, just read Atlas for awhile).

Anyway, I am not sure I buy all this (but the Pubs might given their hatred of mail in voting, although there is some indication that they have thrown in the towel, and will join the vote harvesting fun in the future).

The article really is interminable, so the failure to read it is wholly understandable. Thank heavens I can speed read more I less. Otherwise I would still be at it, or have abandoned the task.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2023/05/16/mystery_at_the_midterm_what_happened_to_the_red_wave_149208.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies