Laki v. Governor of Lincoln
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:41:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Laki v. Governor of Lincoln
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Laki v. Governor of Lincoln  (Read 120 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 31, 2023, 10:12:07 AM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=550439.msg9088421#msg9088421

For a whole range of reasons:

1. The fault of S019 was not clearly explained;
2. The source of this fault is in a place inaccessible to me, possibly in the metagame;
3. This could just be the result of S019 expressing himself incorrectly, especially since English is not his native language;
4. In general, this act looks like an infringement on freedom of speech;
5. Less voters than usual;
6. Internal conflicts and boycotts hinder the Lincoln General Court's work

I consider it necessary to veto this act.

Censure S019 Act

Title: Act of Censure for Representative S019 by the Lincoln General Court

Section 1: General Findings

The Lincoln General Court finds that Representative S019 has displayed conduct and actions that are contrary to the principles and expectations of their position as a representative of the Lincoln region within the Republic of Atlasia.

Section 2: Censure of Representative S019

Representative S019 is hereby formally censured by the Lincoln General Court for the following reasons:

a. Whereas S019 has expressed strong sympathies for a known traitor to the Republic of Atlasia and whereas S019 continues to show disrespect towards fellow Atlasians, behaving annoyingly and obnoxiously and resorts to bullying, S019 will hereby be censured from the Lincoln General Court.

Section 3: Consequences of Censure

Representative S019 shall be officially reprimanded and condemned for their actions by the Lincoln General Court.

The censure of Representative S019 shall be recorded in the official minutes and records of the Lincoln General Court as a permanent entry.

The censure shall serve as a public declaration and disapproval of Representative S019's actions, and it shall be communicated to the citizens of the Lincoln region through appropriate channels.

Section 4: Rehabilitation and Future Conduct

Representative S019 is encouraged to reflect upon their actions and take steps to regain the trust and confidence of their constituents and fellow members of the Lincoln General Court.

Section 5: Effective Date

This act shall come into effect immediately upon its passage by the Lincoln General Court and shall remain in force until expressly repealed or modified by a subsequent act of the Lincoln General Court.

Vetoed.

Oleg

Plaintiff Laki petitions for this court to not recognise and undo the veto of governor of Lincoln Oleg as plaintiff beliefs the governor of Lincoln doesn't have the authority to veto a motion to censure. There shall not be executive interaction here, and plaintiff argues there's federal precedent that shall apply here.

Laki
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 01:31:42 PM »

I withdraw the court case, i still think the governor doesn't have the authority to do it, but i mean it's not too important, and i want to prevent the court from getting too much work, while there is a lot of stuff ongoing and overall i don't care enough about censuring S019 to waste more energy on this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies