SB 115-28 Atlasian Steel Act (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:27:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 115-28 Atlasian Steel Act (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 115-28 Atlasian Steel Act (Tabled)  (Read 1826 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« on: May 25, 2023, 09:45:20 PM »

As the author of this bill, I will respond to the neoliberal nonsense posted above shortly.

If you think opposing nationalization across the board is neoliberalism, I don't know what to tell you. This bill is opposed by Peace Party members and noted non-neoliberals Christian Man and Scott, not to mention the non-neoliberal Federalist Party Senators and Yankee.

Neoliberalism is contemporarily used to refer to market-oriented reform policies such as "eliminating price controls, deregulating capital markets, lowering trade barriers"

Ow ow ow...

1. Christian Man hasn't even stated approval or disapproval of the bill. I'm sure the senator is able to form an independent opinion without you deciding what his opinion shall be like.

2. "The Bill is opposed by Peace Party members" is objectively a wrong take. The only one who've spoken against the bill is Scott. I have spoken in favour of the bill and i'm a Peace member as well.

3. Your arguments are very neoliberal-esque. I don't care about your ideology or the ideology of others, but they are from a neoliberal perspective (even if you don't identify as such).

4. And when you suddenly talk about millions of deaths and start comparing us to USSR etc. for nationalizing steel or nationalizing railroads, than I would say that is a very dishonest way of argueing.
Christian Man has recommended Yankee's posts in opposition to this bill, so he likely is opposed. And "neoliberal perspective" isn't a substantive counter argument, merely stating that the so-called "neoliberals" agree with the opposing arguments.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 03:50:35 PM »

Abstain
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 01:56:25 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2023, 02:16:04 PM by Senator Sirius »

More than 72 hours have passed. In accordance with the senate rules, I am closing the vote. Unless Scott overrules my decision, the amendment passes 6-4-1-7.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 01:59:31 PM »

A vote is now open on the following amendment. I will remind the senate that amendment votes last 72 hours (3 days) and it is your responsibility to vote within the allotted time. You should not rely on the Senate officers to allow extra time as this is not an official practice and you are accountable if your vote is not heard.

[
]
AN ACT
To democratize the steel industry; amended from Senator Utah Neolib's amendment

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Atlasian Steel Act.

Section 2. Democratization

1. All steel manufacturers are brought into collective ownership immediately upon passage of this act and shall be placed under the control of an Atlasian Steel Authority.

2. The establishment of the DFW (Democracy for Workers) shall be established in order to establish the right of unionization, as well as to create a democratic workplace in which workers have a direct say on profit, spending, promotions, etc.

4. The government of the DFW shall be cooperative, operating in a similar manner to businesses within Lincoln under the Consumer Protection Act. Former or current workers can be elected by regions to represent their businesses.  This will essentially reform the Board of Directors to prohibit those who are not invovled with Atlasia Steel.

5. The labor directors, consumer directors, and security and environment directors shall be elected by the workers although the president has the authority to allow the EPA and/or NSA to become involved in cases of extreme corruption, economic mismanagement, and/or violence.

6. The term of a Board director shall be four years. [/s] [/s]

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 04:52:30 PM »

Abstain
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 12:01:08 PM »

More than 72 hours have passed. In accordance with the senate rules, I am closing the vote. Unless Scott overrules my decision, the amendment passes 6-4-1-7.

Well you claim to be a neutral and unpartisan PPT but you leave a bunch of other final votes open, and i've noticed that as deputy PPT you only close the votes you care about and let the other things run for infinite time.

If you close votes, than be consistent and close them all, not just close votes that you care about a certain outcome.
Prove that I use my position for my own benefit, I'd love to see you try.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2023, 12:25:55 PM »

Really? So your proof is 1. that I closed a vote that was unanimous where I had nothing to lose by leaving it open and 2. that I gave a "hostile" response to you making a hostile accusation towards me. Let's just ignore the countless times both during this tenure and in previous ones as speaker of the house and of regional legislatures that I've certified votes that went against my position. Also, back then I didn't feel the need to manage every single thing because you hadn't resigned yet. In fact, I recall you saying that I was very helpful as deputy PPT just a few days ago. But now that I've denied your special request which was obviously politically motivated on your end, a request for which you didn't even make a proper motion to suspend the rules and instead just made demands of us (not a good look), I'm a terrible, biased deputy. Scott, who let my decision stand and actually had a stake in that vote, isn't I guess.

If your side can't be bothered to vote within 3 days plus the extra few hours since I was already late, you lose. That is how it has always worked. Nothing about this situation makes it any different. There was a vote recently that I missed that I could have changed the outcome of. I didn't complain about it or try to bend the rules.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2023, 03:48:49 PM »

CM amendment is tied, the vice president shall break the tie
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 10:18:17 PM »

As Laki has resigned from the senate, the motion to table is withdrawn. Furthermore, a new sponsor is required. I will give 24 hours for a new senator to sponsor, otherwise this will be removed from the floor.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2023, 03:20:42 PM »

I will motion to suspend if somebody takes this up by tonight
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States