SB 115-28 Atlasian Steel Act (Tabled)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:16:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 115-28 Atlasian Steel Act (Tabled)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: SB 115-28 Atlasian Steel Act (Tabled)  (Read 1752 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2023, 12:52:32 AM »

Nay on the current UNL amendment as removing a cooperative model would be a detriment to how we possibly handle nationalization. I quite like Christian Man's new amendment.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2023, 02:53:55 AM »

Demanding additional time for the current amendment vote. I've sent PM's for people asking to vote on the amendment vote.

So don't close this yet.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2023, 03:02:06 AM »

nay
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2023, 04:23:11 AM »

Nay
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2023, 06:03:24 AM »

Demanding additional time for the current amendment vote. I've sent PM's for people asking to vote on the amendment vote.

So don't close this yet.

I believe it should be up to the Senate leadership to close votes when they see fit, instead of recognizing the "demand(s)" of any one Senator. I also think if you wanted to whip votes against this amendment, you should have done so in a timely manner. When you were in Senate leadership, furthermore, you closed votes as soon as possible with fewer votes than we have here (14 I believe) countless times but this time you think differently since you oppose the current result of 7-6-1 in favor.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2023, 07:49:34 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2023, 07:58:17 AM by Senator Laki 🇧🇪❤️🇺🇦 »

So don't close this yet.

I believe it should be up to the Senate leadership to close votes when they see fit, instead of recognizing the "demand(s)" of any one Senator. I also think if you wanted to whip votes against this amendment, you should have done so in a timely manner. When you were in Senate leadership, furthermore, you closed votes as soon as possible with fewer votes than we have here (14 I believe) countless times but this time you think differently since you oppose the current result of 7-6-1 in favor.

I remember 1-2 months ago that you criticized Pyro's behavior in the senate.... because he was being annoying and disrespectful, and objected to all your proxy votes or pushed to motion a vote (he was one of the first to realize that Mr. R was getting burned out).

Honestly you're becoming exactly like him at the moment and behaving unrespectful and annoying.

I call for the senate leadership to dismiss this request and give people the time to vote. Your criticism isn't consistent with fellow party member Cao's criticism (who called for longer debates) as well.

I'll work on an amendment incorporating CM's changes and excluding UNL's proposals regardless of whether this passes or not.

And I don't expect your vote, it's clear you don't want this to pass or do not want to cooperate, so i'll exclude it and take into account that you'll vote nay no matter what. I don't even need your "aye vote".

If we want to nationalize our steel industry, we should go all in for it. It really makes no sense to decide to have kids as parents if you're not fully behind that idea and if only one parent backs the idea. I believe the same thing applies to nationalizing steel, and I do not share your concerns.

And you're in the minority. And I'll do everything to undo the amendment if it passes, and pass the final bill, and incorporate feedback of people who actually genuinely care to improve the bill, and not pretend to care because they want to see it fail.

Also, it is ethically wrong to push for an amendment if you don't even intend to vote aye on the final bill, even with the amendment being passed. I'm the sponsor of the original bill, and I want the original bill to be passed, incorporating the proposed changes of Christian Man.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2023, 11:03:54 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2023, 11:36:36 AM by West_Midlander »

So don't close this yet.

I remember 1-2 months ago that you criticized Pyro's behavior in the senate.... because he was being annoying and disrespectful, and objected to all your proxy votes or pushed to motion a vote (he was one of the first to realize that Mr. R was getting burned out).

Honestly you're becoming exactly like him at the moment and behaving unrespectful and annoying.

I call for the senate leadership to dismiss this request and give people the time to vote. Your criticism isn't consistent with fellow party member Cao's criticism (who called for longer debates) as well.

I'll work on an amendment incorporating CM's changes and excluding UNL's proposals regardless of whether this passes or not.

And I don't expect your vote, it's clear you don't want this to pass or do not want to cooperate, so i'll exclude it and take into account that you'll vote nay no matter what. I don't even need your "aye vote".

If we want to nationalize our steel industry, we should go all in for it. It really makes no sense to decide to have kids as parents if you're not fully behind that idea and if only one parent backs the idea. I believe the same thing applies to nationalizing steel, and I do not share your concerns.

And you're in the minority. And I'll do everything to undo the amendment if it passes, and pass the final bill, and incorporate feedback of people who actually genuinely care to improve the bill, and not pretend to care because they want to see it fail.

Also, it is ethically wrong to push for an amendment if you don't even intend to vote aye on the final bill, even with the amendment being passed. I'm the sponsor of the original bill, and I want the original bill to be passed, incorporating the proposed changes of Christian Man.

I criticized him for rushing things as you are doing now. Should I apply a double standard for you or be consistent? I'm not going to apologize for trying to apply the same standard to people regardless of whether or not they have been allies in the past. Doing otherwise is blind and willful ignorance.

I don't know what your point was re: the parent-child example and one could also say it's "unethical" for you to push to repeal this amendment should it pass. One might believe that you would try to repeal this amendment if it passed, over and over. You have preached to me about being open to compromise (i.e., nearly coming to your position) but you don't want my vote and you automatically presume my stance regardless of amendments. I have changed my mind in this body many times after more consideration. I also did not ask for your OK if what I am doing is "ethical" in your opinion. Presumably, anything undermining your ideological position you view as unethical.

It's also disappointing but not totally unexpected that you call someone who gave you a first preference and who has previously revised comments or kept concerns private out of respect for you as simply "unrespectful and annoying." When you're pushing for something that's controversial, even if it has the support to become law, you should expect comments to the contrary and not take them personally. Staying silent is a disservice to those who elected me.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2023, 01:56:25 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2023, 02:16:04 PM by Senator Sirius »

More than 72 hours have passed. In accordance with the senate rules, I am closing the vote. Unless Scott overrules my decision, the amendment passes 6-4-1-7.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2023, 01:59:31 PM »

A vote is now open on the following amendment. I will remind the senate that amendment votes last 72 hours (3 days) and it is your responsibility to vote within the allotted time. You should not rely on the Senate officers to allow extra time as this is not an official practice and you are accountable if your vote is not heard.

[
]
AN ACT
To democratize the steel industry; amended from Senator Utah Neolib's amendment

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Atlasian Steel Act.

Section 2. Democratization

1. All steel manufacturers are brought into collective ownership immediately upon passage of this act and shall be placed under the control of an Atlasian Steel Authority.

2. The establishment of the DFW (Democracy for Workers) shall be established in order to establish the right of unionization, as well as to create a democratic workplace in which workers have a direct say on profit, spending, promotions, etc.

4. The government of the DFW shall be cooperative, operating in a similar manner to businesses within Lincoln under the Consumer Protection Act. Former or current workers can be elected by regions to represent their businesses.  This will essentially reform the Board of Directors to prohibit those who are not invovled with Atlasia Steel.

5. The labor directors, consumer directors, and security and environment directors shall be elected by the workers although the president has the authority to allow the EPA and/or NSA to become involved in cases of extreme corruption, economic mismanagement, and/or violence.

6. The term of a Board director shall be four years. [/s] [/s]

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2023, 01:59:56 PM »

Nay
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2023, 03:46:12 PM »

Nay because regardless of its merits, this is a regression from the latest amendment.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2023, 04:25:51 PM »

Aye
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2023, 04:52:30 PM »

Abstain
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2023, 05:43:00 PM »

Nay
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2023, 05:59:34 PM »

Aye
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2023, 06:07:00 PM »

Nay
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2023, 09:49:27 PM »

AN ACT
To nationalize the steel industry

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Atlasian Steel Act.

Section 2. Nationalization

1. All 25% of all steel manufacturers are brought into public ownership immediately upon passage of this act and shall be placed under the control of an Atlasian Steel Authority.

2. To complete the undertaking as outlined above, the Republic of Atlasia shall establish an Atlasian Steel Authority (hereafter ASA) which shall be comprised of all former privately-held steel companies and shall hold a legal monopoly in these sectors.

3. The purpose of the aforementioned ASA shall be the economization of operations and the modernization of production methods to raise safety and efficiency standards across the country, as well as provide steel at a low cost, prevent competitive waste, and co-ordinate research and development in those sectors.

4. The government of the ASA shall be federal and cooperative. In each region will be established a regional steel authority under a board of directors composed of representatives of labor, the consumers, security, and the environment. The number of labor directors shall be four, and the number of directors for all other constituencies shall be two. Each regional authority will elect five representatives to the national board of directors. Two of the national directors elected by each regional authority shall represent labor, and one each shall represent the consumers, security, and the environment.

5. The labor directors shall be chosen by a vote of the steel workers; the consumer directors by a vote of the regional legislature, the security and environment directors by the regional executive at the regional level and by the president at the federal level.

6. The term of a Board director shall be four years. [/s] [/s]

7. The President shall appoint a Chair of the ASA Board of Directors who shall have no vote unless they are equally divided. The Chair shall serve at the President’s discretion.
[/s] [/s]

8. All persons owning any of the aforementioned industry bought by the Republic of Atlasia and brought into public ownership shall be fairly compensated for the sale of said industries to the Republic of Atlasia.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Small addition that makes the language a bit more clear.

24 hours to object.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2023, 09:52:56 PM »

Aye to my amendment
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2023, 10:07:39 PM »

Nay on CM's amendment.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2023, 10:05:45 AM »

Motion to table the act.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2023, 10:06:55 AM »

Aye on CM
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2023, 10:31:41 AM »

More than 72 hours have passed. In accordance with the senate rules, I am closing the vote. Unless Scott overrules my decision, the amendment passes 6-4-1-7.

Well you claim to be a neutral and unpartisan PPT but you leave a bunch of other final votes open, and i've noticed that as deputy PPT you only close the votes you care about and let the other things run for infinite time.

If you close votes, than be consistent and close them all, not just close votes that you care about a certain outcome.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2023, 10:50:08 AM »

It's been requested that the bill be tabled. I'll make a motion and request a second to do so after this vote ends, and then we'll vote on that.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2023, 11:36:31 AM »
« Edited: May 31, 2023, 12:07:58 PM by West_Midlander »

Well you claim to be a neutral and unpartisan PPT but you leave a bunch of other final votes open, and i've noticed that as deputy PPT you only close the votes you care about and let the other things run for infinite time.

If you close votes, than be consistent and close them all, not just close votes that you care about a certain outcome.

Sirius abstained on both recent amendments so she has no stake in the outcome either way.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2023, 12:01:08 PM »

Prove that I use my position for my own benefit, I'd love to see you try.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies