Predict how these Senators would vote in this scenario

<< < (3/3)

politicallefty:
Quote from: Del Tachi on May 22, 2023, 02:15:02 PM

The trump card is Doug Jones.  I seriously doubt any Senate Democrat (except Sinema, perhaps) would vote against a former Senate colleague.

I think you've mentioned that idea before, but I think you're the only one. You don't think we would have Graham if Biden nominated Childs? He really went out of his way last year to go to bat for her. This wouldn't be the same scenario as the Scalia vacancy. Anyone Biden nominates would get through Judiciary without issue. Schumer controls the floor, so it'd just be a matter of finding 50 votes.

SnowLabrador:
I don't know, but Sotomayor and Kagan had better retire this year.

Pres Mike:
If I was President Biden, I would invite Manchin and Sinema to the White House and ASK them who they wanted on the court. Than I'd nominate he/she.

Thats right. I would let Joe Manchin pick the next Supreme Court justice.

NewYorkExpress:
Quote from: SnowLabrador on June 01, 2023, 08:21:03 AM

I don't know, but Sotomayor and Kagan had better retire this year.

It probably doesn't matter if they do. Manchin/Sinema would both vote No anyways (they need to if they want to have any chance of winning reelection) and if the GOP is united, that's all they need to sink a nomination.

Calling All Nations:
Quote from: Pres Mike on June 29, 2023, 09:59:16 PM

If I was President Biden, I would invite Manchin and Sinema to the White House and ASK them who they wanted on the court. Than I'd nominate he/she.

Thats right. I would let Joe Manchin pick the next Supreme Court justice.

Why? Why give Joe Manchin more power than he already has? He has essentially gotten to decide the fate of every major piece of Biden's agenda already, and he doesn't have a great track record of sticking to his word. I would ask him his criteria and consider that, but it should not be the end all be all for a new nominee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page