NJ's tricks to make sure gun owners can't carry guns is failing, just like NY's did (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:56:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  NJ's tricks to make sure gun owners can't carry guns is failing, just like NY's did (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ's tricks to make sure gun owners can't carry guns is failing, just like NY's did  (Read 1659 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: May 18, 2023, 10:25:54 AM »

Yeah. Now one knows why I just step up to the plate an favor repealing the 2nd Amendment as a gun grabber. There is no good way to finesse the 2nd Amendment, except through what I would consider judicial activism.

Hopefully, NYS's and NYC's outstanding stats regarding the lowest gun deaths in the nation I believe, will not be eroded over time, and the places regress to the more Texas like levels of gun deaths. That would be most unfortunate.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 03:14:29 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2023, 05:26:18 PM by Torie »

Yeah. Now one knows why I just step up to the plate an favor repealing the 2nd Amendment as a gun grabber. There is no good way to finesse the 2nd Amendment, except through what I would consider judicial activism.

Hopefully, NYS's and NYC's outstanding stats regarding the lowest gun deaths in the nation I believe, will not be eroded over time, and the places regress to the more Texas like levels of gun deaths. That would be most unfortunate.
Isn't the second amendment protecting gun ownership as a right at all lowkey judicial activism?

I agree with the point of view that the 2nd Amendment is an individual right, as opposed to a right to arm well regulated militias. The idea was that citizens should be skilled with arms so that when called to serve they would be competent. So no, I don't think SCOTUS was pushing the legal envelope. The liberal Lawrence Tribe has observed that the 2nd Amendment is a pain in the ass amendment, that he wished would go away. I agree with that.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 07:57:15 AM »

I agree that guns can be regulated to a "reasonable" extent. The common law is not Constitutional law.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2023, 06:12:03 PM »

I made my case, and you made yours, so there is no reason to go over this further. The 2nd Amendment will not be repealed, so you and your gun in your house are safe, despite my point of view that guns in houses kill a lot more than they save. I don't want FL type gun laws to creep north across the Mason Dixon line, and I am sure you don't want the reverse to happen. See you in church.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies