Is Fort Worth real/next Republican city to flip
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:51:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is Fort Worth real/next Republican city to flip
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Fort Worth real/next Republican city to flip  (Read 1059 times)
Builder Refused
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2023, 11:07:03 PM »

I was wondering if anyone here has scrounged up enough factoids to have a clue why the mayoral election this time around was such a nothing burger? Especially contrasting it to the elections today, it seems like an exceptionally boring result, even for such a hidden election.

As far as I was involved, before the elections, it was only through Phonebanking for Philadelphia. So, is there some reason no particular candidate was chosen here? Is it just that Parker was considered too quality of a candidate, or maybe that it was deemed unimportant by strategists, or that Fort Worth is less a city and more like a sixth finger? Some combo of press, organizing, identity, and motivation must have been absent.

Oh and the second part of the post title
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 11:09:28 PM »

Biden won it decisively. I think it’s only a matter of time, yes.
Builder Refused
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 11:17:27 PM »

So you’d vote it like next to flip mayor wise out of Bakersfield, Fresno, Mesa, Miami, OKC, Omaha, Tulsa, VAB?
I mean Biden I imagine won all of these except Mesa and Tulsa though it’s hard to get info on city results, and don’t get me started on the actual mayors of these places who I’d have to like, touch grass to know anything about.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 11:18:45 PM »

So you’d vote it like next to flip mayor wise out of Bakersfield, Fresno, Mesa, Miami, OKC, Omaha, Tulsa, VAB?
I mean Biden I imagine won all of these except Mesa and Tulsa though it’s hard to get info on city results, and don’t get me started on the actual mayors of these places who I’d have to like, touch grass to know anything about.

Biden actually won Tulsa proper. He didn't win Bakersfield or OKC, although I would think at least the latter has a good shot of flipping in 2024.
Builder Refused
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 11:21:18 PM »

What about Miami, did he win there?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 11:39:17 PM »

Parker received about 30k votes. Turnout was clearly dirt low. Now why that is is a valid question, but it seems that if Parker didn't have any reason to be dumped (and remember it's a nominally nonpartisan election) and thus no serious candidates ran it's not surprising it got such little attention.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 12:11:03 PM »

Data from DRA indicated that he won the city of Miami proper by 19 points. It’s places like Hialeah (Cuban majority with a relatively low share of people with higher education) where Republican strength is mostly concentrated in for Miami-Dade County overall.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2023, 01:37:55 PM »

Biden actually won Tulsa proper. He didn't win Bakersfield or OKC, although I would think at least the latter has a good shot of flipping in 2024.

I thought Biden won OKC? Huh
Spectator
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2023, 09:06:12 AM »

No, I don’t necessarily think Fort Worth is the next to flip out of all those you just listed. Fresno is up in presidential years, and Democrats in Omaha seem pretty well-organized for off years in comparison to their counterparts in Texas cities.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2023, 01:25:56 PM »

I thought Biden won OKC? Huh
Trump 49.5-Biden 47.9
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2023, 03:25:13 PM »

That was Oklahoma County overall (which isn't just OKC). Did Biden win Oklahoma City proper?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2023, 03:30:30 PM »

That was Oklahoma County overall (which isn't just OKC). Did Biden win Oklahoma City proper?
No that was OKC proper (which extends into four counties total.) Oklahoma County was Trump 49.2-Biden 48.1.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2023, 03:36:53 PM »

No that was OKC proper (which extends into four counties total.) Oklahoma County was Trump 49.2-Biden 48.1.
Really? So the margin was (essentially) identical?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2023, 04:04:55 PM »

Yes. Remember though that a good chunk of OKC is outside of Oklahoma County and that's almost all Republican areas.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2023, 01:17:46 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2023, 01:25:14 PM by Tintrlvr »

Yes. Remember though that a good chunk of OKC is outside of Oklahoma County and that's almost all Republican areas.

And a good chunk of the non-OKC parts of Oklahoma County are Democratic or competitive. Spencer (majority black) is a Democratic stronghold at 73.8-23.6 Biden, Biden also won Midwest City 49.6-47.4, The Village 51.8-45.4, and Warr Acres 48.8-48.2, Del City was only narrowly Trump at 47.5-49.2, Bethany was only 38.6-58.0 Trump and even Edmond had some Biden precincts while being 35.7-61.5 overall. Meanwhile the areas of OKC in Cleveland County and Canadian County are substantial and uniformly Republican, more so than Edmond. (There are some super-R areas in Oklahoma County that are not in OKC, too, including Choctaw and most of the unincorporated areas, but those are much less populous than the OKC areas outside of Oklahoma County.)

Biden did win the Oklahoma County parts of OKC 53.8-43.5.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2023, 01:42:52 PM »

I'm guessing so or at least it would be D-leaning while Tarrant County is likely to remain a bellwether for the foreseeable future.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies