Is smoking in a home with children abusive?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:44:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is smoking in a home with children abusive?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Is smoking in a home with children abusive?  (Read 3014 times)
Inverted Things
Avelaval

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 01:50:21 PM »

I openly support kids stealing their parents' cigarettes and flushing them.

Having a parent who smokes (outside) is less harmful to a kid than having a parent who drinks. Therefore, I hope all of BRTD's kids end up stealing all of his alcoholic beverages and flushing them.

Agree. It's not that hard to do so.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2007, 02:33:46 PM »

I openly support kids stealing their parents' cigarettes and flushing them.

Having a parent who smokes (outside) is less harmful to a kid than having a parent who drinks. Therefore, I hope all of BRTD's kids end up stealing all of his alcoholic beverages and flushing them.

Agree. It's not that hard to do so.

David brought up the fact that should the government take kids away from parents who smoke... I don't believe so, but it is common courtesy to step outside or something like that. My brother is an asthmatic, and my mom's best friend would smoke around him and he'd cough and cough until one day when we I was about 10 and he was 8, she was smoking in our house and Chris started hacking... I told my mom's friend to take that disgusting sh**t outside. Of course she reacted the way an adult would to a child, so I took her cigs out of her purse and said you now have three choices. First, you could kindly smoke outside. Second, I could take the rest of your pack, toss them in the toilet and take a piss on them and see how much you really want them. Or, third, I could shove every one of them don your throat... Needless to say, she never smoked in our house again.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 08:28:59 AM »

One trick I pulled on my dad once was to cut off a match-head and carefully bury it in the end of a cigarette, and then replace it in the pack.  Gave him quite a scare when he lit up, I can tell you.  Didn't stop him smoking, though.

No, I don't really see the relevance of this story either.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies