If the two party system consisted of the Libertarians and the Greens... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:31:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If the two party system consisted of the Libertarians and the Greens... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If the two party system consisted of the Libertarians and the Greens...  (Read 803 times)
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« on: May 23, 2023, 12:38:15 AM »

At first, Libertarian sweeps, but eventually the Greens would make headway as the Overton Window came to include their platform. The safest yellow states would be the ones with economies heavily dependent on oil and gas or coal, i.e. Wyoming, West Virginia, Alaska, Texas. They would probably inherit an unhappy but shrinking voting bloc of religious conservatives in the Deep South and Mormon West. They would be more competitive than Republicans in the suburbs and with Hispanics. Their problem would be keeping their conservative majority base from purging the ideological libertarians, similar to what happened to the Republican establishment. The deep green states would be the usual suspects, i.e. the West Coast and the Northeast. Eventually, their platform would be understood as the one for bringing jobs back to the Rust Belt, albeit more sustainable ones. The Plains would be in a tough spot between Libertarian opposition to farm subsidies and Green opposition to agricultural pollution, although I think once the Greens start up with wind farms and Buffalo Commons proposals, there would be a backlash.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies