Men and women are just different, can't you agree? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:35:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Men and women are just different, can't you agree? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Men and women are just different, can't you agree?  (Read 1753 times)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« on: May 16, 2023, 08:01:47 AM »

The problem with gender ideology is that it is regressive on this very point:  that societal gender roles inform and even dictate the reality of being a man or a woman, and that people who are uncomfortable, reject or invert these roles are actually supposed to be the opposite sex, or something.

Puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones and sex reassignment surgery are not about "gender identity" because gender is an entirely social construct and these are physical interventions.  Affirming "gender dysphoria" has come to mean changing physical reality to conform to our social expectations, often in very regressive ways (i.e., "I knew I was trans/felt different when, as a little boy, I played with dolls and make-up.") 
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 05:58:42 PM »

Affirming "gender dysphoria" has come to mean changing physical reality to conform to our social expectations, often in very regressive ways (i.e., "I knew I was trans/felt different when, as a little boy, I played with dolls and make-up.") 
Well, the joke's on you, because I didn't play with dolls or makeup when I was a kid! I just disliked how having a dick and balls (and as I grew up, said dick and balls' consequences) felt! Of course, that probably just makes me a pervert in your eyes, but whatever.

Well, do you feel like a pervert?  That's not a question I can answer for you LOL

In the interest of truth-seeking:  how is what you describe any different from BDD?  I can understand the feeling of rejecting certain physical aspects of your body but that is not the same as "feeling" like a different gender.  Is it simply the case that losing your "dick and balls" is more *aesthetic* (and thus less serious) than wanting to lose your legs or ability to see?  what does that mean for sex as a concept by which we can meaningfully differentiate people and their experiences?     

Cis people conceptualize and experience their own gender too, and I have never felt like a man.  Being a man is not a feeling.  I simply am a man.  If I felt uncomfortable in my body, I would be a man feeling uncomfortable with his male body.  But that wouldn't make me a woman or some other third thing.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies