Men and women are just different, can't you agree? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:36:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Men and women are just different, can't you agree? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Men and women are just different, can't you agree?  (Read 1812 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 16, 2023, 10:22:21 AM »

Affirming "gender dysphoria" has come to mean changing physical reality to conform to our social expectations, often in very regressive ways (i.e., "I knew I was trans/felt different when, as a little boy, I played with dolls and make-up.") 
Well, the joke's on you, because I didn't play with dolls or makeup when I was a kid! I just disliked how having a dick and balls (and as I grew up, said dick and balls' consequences) felt! Of course, that probably just makes me a pervert in your eyes, but whatever.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 07:12:55 PM »

I don't "feel" like a pervert, I was just pointing out that the common thread of cisgenderism (the way I see it, if cis people can call "transgenderism" an ideology that holds that transgenders are people, I can call "cisgenderism" an ideology that holds that transgenders are not people [and before you complain, yes, I am exaggerating to get my point across]) is that if a trans person's backstory does not reinforce gender roles, then they must be some kind of pervert. See: autogynephilia theory.

As for what makes my experiences of gender dysphoria different than BDD, I'll explain: the aforementioned "consequences" of my primary sex characteristics (i.e. male puberty and testosterone exposure). That's what made me "feel" like I'm a woman. That, and the fact that estrogen, while not a panacea, helped my mental health quite a bit. Though yeah, I will concede that the fact that getting rid of one's genitals is less physically debilitating than getting rid of one's legs or eyes (what you call "aesthetic") doesn't hurt.

Hopefully this made sense and wasn't just a bunch of deranged rambling. I feel like it was the latter, but...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies