Have you ever felt sorry for a banned poster but still thought they should be banned?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:36:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever felt sorry for a banned poster but still thought they should be banned?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have you ever felt sorry for a banned poster but still thought they should be banned?  (Read 497 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2023, 05:03:11 PM »

Here's a twist on "Do you feel sorry for...."
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 05:05:01 PM »

Yes.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 06:35:53 PM »

Yeah, actually.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 07:34:08 PM »

Who?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 07:36:17 PM »

Multiple names come to mind, but Tender is one that is near the top of the list for me.
IIRC, I even PMed him some time previously and asked him not to do anything that would get him banned. It was to no avail, of course.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 08:38:51 PM »

I felt sorry for Hillgoose when he was banned.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2023, 10:32:29 PM »

Pretty much how I see Sanchez.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2023, 06:12:05 AM »

I feel sorry for posters for whom this forum is a major part of their lives, but who, for one reason or another, cannot play by the rules here.

There are a number of people who have psychological problems, or are on the Autism spectrum.  I do have sympathy for those folks; they are trying to have a "normal life" with "normal life experiences" and posting here is a way to do that for some here.  If I know someone has "issues" I will overlook people's verbal bombs moreso than I will with someone who has all their faculties but launches personal attacks anyway.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2023, 08:12:30 AM »

Yes, ChairmanSanchez. He was ultimately (at the time of his banning) a young man with some personal issues that made him lash out against the forum. I think he was misguided but ultimately a good person and I would hope he has matured since leaving the forum.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2023, 11:57:01 AM »

Another vote for Sanchez, especially now that it's been after two years and two appeals with zero socking.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2023, 05:40:54 PM »

I feel sorry for posters for whom this forum is a major part of their lives, but who, for one reason or another, cannot play by the rules here.

There are a number of people who have psychological problems, or are on the Autism spectrum.  I do have sympathy for those folks; they are trying to have a "normal life" with "normal life experiences" and posting here is a way to do that for some here.  If I know someone has "issues" I will overlook people's verbal bombs moreso than I will with someone who has all their faculties but launches personal attacks anyway.
Yeah they could just take your route of gaslighting/harassing the mods every five seconds to distract from the fact you derail and insult all the time. Truly dumb of them!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2023, 06:17:32 AM »

Yeah they could just take your route of gaslighting/harassing the mods every five seconds to distract from the fact you derail and insult all the time. Truly dumb of them!

I have very few posts deleted or moderated for personal attacks.

"Derailing" is one of the most hypocritical reasons that people complain about me.  Most of what people call "derailing" is actually using Rule #4 Alinsky's Rules for Radicals: "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."  I fail to see why it is derailing to ask people to defend why they apply a principle one way in a particular situation, but another way in a similar situations where only the personalities are different.  That happens a lot here, and it is a testimony of the unwillingness of posters to actually defend their reasoning when they hide behind the "derailing" schtick. 
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2023, 04:40:24 PM »

Sanchez, like many others. Compounded by the fact that I never saw or heard what he posted that got him banned, but given the timing (January 6th? George Floyd protests? Don't remember exactly.), I assumed it was legit.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies