The YT Logs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:41:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The YT Logs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The YT Logs  (Read 968 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2023, 11:45:13 PM »

So in the poll a number of people have answer in terms of whether or not this is an elections game or a governmental simulator or both.

Its rather obvious how one would go about cheating in the elections side of things, all the various avenues that are now all illegal (hopefully), from registering socks, to intimidating voters and so forth right on down.

But has anyone given any thought to what cheating on the government simulator side of things would like? I would certainly think that intimidating the GM is the clearest means by which such would occur.

Are you new? Have you been following? Between (successfully or in progress) codifying en masse proxy votes in Congress and allowing any forum member to vote regardless of standing, we're arguably closer to fraud and abuse on both fronts more than ever - not to mention the total collapse of this Republic at-large.

As far as the GM side of it all, you and I both should know when that went out the window (ca. 2014, if memory serves; you know, sometime between when people rejected my faux alien-turned-secret military project GM storyline before I had a chance to complete it, and GM Sirnick trying to assassinate the sitting President).
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2023, 11:59:24 PM »

So in the poll a number of people have answer in terms of whether or not this is an elections game or a governmental simulator or both.

Its rather obvious how one would go about cheating in the elections side of things, all the various avenues that are now all illegal (hopefully), from registering socks, to intimidating voters and so forth right on down.

But has anyone given any thought to what cheating on the government simulator side of things would like? I would certainly think that intimidating the GM is the clearest means by which such would occur.

Are you new? Have you been following? Between (successfully or in progress) codifying en masse proxy votes in Congress and allowing any forum member to vote regardless of standing, we're arguably closer to fraud and abuse on both fronts more than ever - not to mention the total collapse of this Republic at-large.

As far as the GM side of it all, you and I both should know when that went out the window (ca. 2014, if memory serves; you know, sometime between when people rejected my faux alien-turned-secret military project GM storyline before I had a chance to complete it, and GM Sirnick trying to assassinate the sitting President).

What about you? Have you been living under a rock?

Discord has made post spamming 8 posts, or 10 posts or 15 posts so easy and machine like that if that was your barrier against fraud, you have already lost the war my friend.

A sick man using a temporary proxy is not a threat to the republic, leaving an election in doubt with little word on its outcome, while its theft is openly mused about by labor aligned traitor adjacents from last year on a public discord, that is the road to ruin.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2023, 12:11:49 AM »

Discord has made post spamming 8 posts, or 10 posts or 15 posts so easy and machine like that if that was your barrier against fraud, you have already lost the war my friend.

A sick man using a temporary proxy is not a threat to the republic, leaving an election in doubt with little word on its outcome, while its theft is openly mused about by labor aligned traitor adjacents from last year on a public discord, that is the road to ruin.

Yes, because it was all about your single vote in a chamber where our disadvantage would have been unchanged regardless whether your vote was counted or not. Remember principle? Couching bad tactics under the guise of one person's sickness doesn't change the fact that it's abysmal, easily-abused policy. Since you like to think so much about the past: me from 10 years ago would just elect 6 zombies, tell them all to declare LOAs, and cast 7 votes on our respective behalf to guarantee unified strategy/bloc vote (which never happened, even in those days!). Dumb, dumb, dumb legislation: period - like a lot of s[inks]t pouring out of this Senate as of late.

Also, isn't it amazing how in June 2019, I won two-thirds of the non-Discord vote despite only winning 51.5% overall? Accuse me or Labor all you want: we didn't start this trend. Of course and for some proper introspection, you'd have to delve deeper into the historical rot within your own ranks that you entertained for years that have increasingly diverted all the drama and traffic off these boards into various personality cults. I know that'll never happen. What also will never happen is a unilateral disarmament by "my team" to use the tools at our disposal that we've been forced to adopt.

Wake up, Yankee. Look at who's running the show now. Get your head out of the past for once.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2023, 12:17:53 AM »

Yes, because it was all about your single vote in a chamber where our disadvantage would have been unchanged regardless whether your vote was counted or not. Remember principle? Couching bad tactics under the guise of one person's sickness doesn't change the fact that it's abysmal, easily-abused policy. Since you like to think so much about the past: me from 10 years ago would just elect 6 zombies, tell them all to declare LOAs, and cast 7 votes on our respective behalf to guarantee unified strategy/bloc vote (which never happened, even in those days!). Dumb, dumb, dumb legislation: period - like a lot of s[inks]t pouring out of this Senate as of late.

Also, isn't it amazing how in June 2019, I won two-thirds of the non-Discord vote despite only winning 51.5% overall? Accuse me or Labor all you want: we didn't start this trend. Of course and for some proper introspection, you'd have to delve deeper into the historical rot within your own ranks that you entertained for years that have increasingly diverted all the drama and traffic off these boards into various personality cults. I know that'll never happen. What also will never happen is a unilateral disarmament by "my team" to use the tools at our disposal that we've been forced to adopt.

Wake up, Yankee. Look at who's running the show now. Get your head out of the past for once.

I got out of the past when I hit the concrete on March 5th.

Frankly, I don't care if you "use or abuse proxy votes", that's what elections are for.

Secondly, since you jump to the past and jump back quite frequently I will entertain your point. I have seen you steam roll on numbers numerous times making any in game dynamics or the like irrelevant, so don't even start with me.

The fing Federalist Party only exists because you invaded the South with the same nutcases who later tried to destroy the game.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2023, 12:26:11 AM »

I got out of the past when I hit the concrete on March 5th.

Frankly, I don't care if you "use or abuse proxy votes", that's what elections are for.

Secondly, since you jump to the past and jump back quite frequently I will entertain your point. I have seen you steam roll on numbers numerous times making any in game dynamics or the like irrelevant, so don't even start with me.

The fing Federalist Party only exists because you invaded the South with the same nutcases who later tried to destroy the game.

Glad to see - despite the rot - that you finally realize this is an elections simulation, as I've maintained for a decade!

The Federalist Party exists because of gravity. Harp about the circumstances: you always wanted a reunified RPP 2.0, so don't whine that I accelerated the process of Whig unification. Given left-of-center developments, a merged IB-Whig scenario was inevitable within 6 months, tops. No shame in my efforts in trying to liberate my native region from the likes of a bunch of weirdo libertarians.

And the game only exists because I did in 2015 what you or no one else could ever have the charisma to do: save it. In the words of one of the most flattering quotes from that era:

To some extent, Griffin was in many ways elected as a War time President because he was viewed, not as the guy you want a beer with, but the guy you would go to a bar fight with.

The problem was he was more like Churchill than FDR because the first two of those four Labor terms were basically held by the equivalent of Neville Chamberlain. And the Labor President before that was basically James Buchanan. Labor should count their blessings in a lot of ways, because while Federalists also came back from armeggedon last year, Labor fully earned its deluge last year, while Federalist situation was merely the result of self-inflicted wounds and the machinations of others. Adam Griffin's toughness, popularity and legendary electoral skills allowed him to win twice with a vastly conservative electorate, and thus keep Labor as a key player and rebuild its bench. And the game is much better off that such is the case. Because out of that mess, god knows who would have replaced them if they collapsed and thus possibly taken the game with them.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2023, 12:29:32 AM »

Right because without you, those left wing voters would have been adrift to be absorbed by a Talleyrand or someone else aligned with them.

You were necessary as a magnetic force to keep those people from joining them. That is not a ringing endorsement of Labor as being anything other than a breading ground for dengists in training though, the minute the establishment goes to sleep or someone like Truman takes the Oakvale express lane to radical land.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2023, 02:18:05 AM »

Geez, this looks really bad.  That's all I have to say right now. 
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2023, 06:10:25 PM »

The so-called YT Logs, featuring only the best color commentary from our beloved AFE board dads!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies