Three Days Away from a Constitutional Crisis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:45:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Three Days Away from a Constitutional Crisis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Three Days Away from a Constitutional Crisis  (Read 2041 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2023, 02:38:53 AM »

Alright I'm glad everything is desescalating and we have Always been in good terms! I will make the following points :

1) the only critiscism that could be made is the fact we were not visible and WE are sorry for that. However we can guarantee you WE were heavily coordinating to make sure the ruling was going to be delivered on time and WE did it. There are some elements that can't be held against is, notably the fact that the defense wasn't showing up. But in the end WE did deliver in time.

2) Thank you very much for explaining your sentence on discord but you have to admit that until now I have never colluded with anyone else to stage a Truman coup or whatever . You know very Well that I have been dealing with various crap various plot to remove me from the bench so when I Saw this quote + your thread about the ten years sc attempt with "history repeats itself" i thought you had jumped on that mob bandwagon as well

3) the difference between Truman and I it is that I very much detest discord so no way I spend hours on it to have my Brain poisoned 😅  

Ten years ago, my movement was hijacked once Napoleon and I passed activity standards for the court. That is what I was referring to. You were not as active in mid 2013 as you were later on in 2014 and beyond.

Guess who hijacked it? Your buddy Adam Griffin over there and his radical friends at the time angry because the ex JCPers on the court didn't bow to their hostile takeover.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2023, 02:38:59 AM »

I am also once again required to say that I knew Truman for almost just as long and until April 2022, I would not have dreamed that he would do those kinds of things. He was bullied by the AtlasforumIRC types too and he basically became one of them.

He was also bullied and actually doxxed by your good friend LT in June 2021. In fact, I'll say that was a big turning point for him in terms of no longer giving a f[inks]k about much of anything or anybody in the game.

And to elaborate on such a point you brought up: why should any of us trust any of you? We're generally open about ourselves, our motives and our aspirations. Meanwhile, you keep a lot of algae on the underside of your ship, yet love to pretend it's not there!

We don't control the Supreme Court, the DoFE or the Presidency. We are not asking you to blindly trust us with the fate of the people's choice in our hands.

And yet "you" control the law-making and amendment processes with a potential supermajority coalition, and had a direct hand in picking multiple appointed positions.

And if you think "we" control the DoFE...lol: news to us! If we did, he'd have been in court much sooner!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2023, 02:42:24 AM »

And yet SNP has 6x the number of members and has actually engaged in criminal behavior - though I'm sure you won't admit they're 6x the threat!

Funny thing is I had intended to make a series of posts about SNP tonight

Better get to it!

Yes, because you initiated & had control over this waste of a time-sink! "I'm not owned! I'm not owned!!"
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2023, 02:44:05 AM »

I am also once again required to say that I knew Truman for almost just as long and until April 2022, I would not have dreamed that he would do those kinds of things. He was bullied by the AtlasforumIRC types too and he basically became one of them.

He was also bullied and actually doxxed by your good friend LT in June 2021. In fact, I'll say that was a big turning point for him in terms of no longer giving a f[inks]k about much of anything or anybody in the game.

And to elaborate on such a point you brought up: why should any of us trust any of you? We're generally open about ourselves, our motives and our aspirations. Meanwhile, you keep a lot of algae on the underside of your ship, yet love to pretend it's not there!

We don't control the Supreme Court, the DoFE or the Presidency. We are not asking you to blindly trust us with the fate of the people's choice in our hands.

And yet "you" control the law-making and amendment processes with a potential supermajority coalition, and had a direct hand in picking multiple appointed positions.

And if you think "we" control the DoFE...lol: news to us! If we did, he'd have been in court much sooner!

Peace were your allies, and many of them were in your party not too long ago. That they are where they are now, is largely on you guys for driving them away.

To the right, Battista looks Labor aligned. If he isn't, I feel bad for him having to carry the weight of your sins undeservedly.

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2023, 02:45:26 AM »

Peace were your allies, and many of them were in your party not too long ago. That they are where they are now, is largely on you guys for driving them away.

To the right, Battista looks Labor aligned. If he isn't, I feel bad for him having to carry the weight of your sins undeservedly.

That says more about the right than it does about anyone else.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2023, 02:47:41 AM »

And yet SNP has 6x the number of members and has actually engaged in criminal behavior - though I'm sure you won't admit they're 6x the threat!

Funny thing is I had intended to make a series of posts about SNP tonight

Better get to it!

Yes, because you initiated & had control over this waste of a time-sink! "I'm not owned! I'm not owned!!"

No you did by trying to play gotcha with a captain obvious post on a public discord and since then trying to fan outrage against someone for stating the obvious that if Labor tried to hijack the game, their would be consequences for those involved and for Labor.

You were the one desperately trying to avoid being owned. Your party earned its reputation through its actions. The reason people feel this way, is not my fault, its yours. If you think shooting the messenger will change the truth, you are mistaken.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2023, 02:49:22 AM »

That says more about the right than it does about anyone else.

Right, this in spite of all of the years Adam spent lumping "not labor" together as "federalists" and calling them right leaning.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2023, 02:49:45 AM »

LMAO

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2023, 02:54:10 AM »

LMAO

Says the guy whose party managed to blow a supermajority before even taking office.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2023, 04:54:16 AM »

Just to be clear since this was brought up, I am not "Labor-aligned". I hate everyone.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2023, 10:05:29 AM »

Funny thing is I had intended to make a series of posts about SNP tonight, but I was having far too much fun playing with you.
Respectfully, the time to speak out about what was going on in the South was 3 months ago, before they removed all constitutional safeguards and turned the region into a one party dictatorship hellbent on consolidating absolute power.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2023, 10:21:07 AM »

Just to be clear since this was brought up, I am not "Labor-aligned". I hate everyone.

Preach
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2023, 11:04:11 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2023, 11:07:51 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Funny thing is I had intended to make a series of posts about SNP tonight, but I was having far too much fun playing with you.
Respectfully, the time to speak out about what was going on in the South was 3 months ago, before they removed all constitutional safeguards and turned the region into a one party dictatorship hellbent on consolidating absolute power.

I wasn't doing much better IRL in January than I was in March. I found out about secession, when I was voting on it. Nobody contacted me, informed me, asked my opinion, or even bothered to give me a heads up. I mean they might have sent some crap on discord, but as I have repeatedly stated, if I am not on discord I will never see it and I don't think I went on at all between the December elections and the February elections. I just did not have the time for discord during that period.

Even so, it would not have made much difference because if they didn't care enough to get my opinion before trucking ahead, its unlikely that they would have stopped after I said no.

I did publicly state my opposition to secession at the time, for what its worth and so did President Cao. I was also almost immediately after the vote, involved in President Cao's response team and thus couldn't speak publicly without jeopardizing administration policy. So once again I was forced to "take it for the team" and bite my tongue. Unlike them, I wasn't about to screw Cao over.

Reading through some of the "little information I have received" since then, and hell the messages they even sent to me, "You are gonna be pissed when see what did", "Yankee is going to explode when he gets on" kind of statements, repeatedly over this time period, sounding more like Dengcord than my former allies. A part of me decided to ignore them and not give them what they wanted.

Once Cao left office, RL events took over.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2023, 01:41:12 PM »

I am fast getting to that point myself.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2023, 04:02:45 PM »

So its all in my god damn head eh:
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2023, 04:03:16 PM »

You lied to me last night, also.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2023, 06:17:43 PM »

I am rather alarmed that a statement made by S019, who I don’t think I’ve spoken to in over a year and wasn’t aware of until today, is somehow supposed to be a damning indictment of my neutrality on this court.

On the one hand, yes, I think we could have done a better job at communicating what exactly was going on during the case. But I also personally wasn’t aware of just how much people were apparently worried about a constitutional crisis regarding the election failing to be resolved. This thread was posted Tuesday night, I saw it Wednesday morning when I was already finishing up with the opinion; didn’t feel a need to post a reassurance when the matter was a few hours away from resolution anyway.

Apparently during the preceding days people on Discord were panicking over the thought that the Court wouldn’t be able to finish on time and that the election would descend into chaos, with some people calling for impeaching the Court or whatever. Vanishingly little of this was communicated on the forum. The public discussion thread was mostly full of banter regarding Fairbol’s pocket veto theory; not exactly anything to make any of us suspect a panic that needed immediate address. Someone could have at least reached out to one of us, explained that many people were very worried about imminent collapse and asked what the outlook was on resolving the case. But this never happened; at least for me personally the only contact I had during this time was with the other justices. It feels increasingly more than ever that the game is actually coexisting in two separate universes, with at best very blurry vision from one into the other.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2023, 06:25:21 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2023, 06:28:50 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I am rather alarmed that a statement made by S019, who I don’t think I’ve spoken to in over a year and wasn’t aware of until today, is somehow supposed to be a damning indictment of my neutrality on this court.

On the one hand, yes, I think we could have done a better job at communicating what exactly was going on during the case. But I also personally wasn’t aware of just how much people were apparently worried about a constitutional crisis regarding the election failing to be resolved. This thread was posted Tuesday night, I saw it Wednesday morning when I was already finishing up with the opinion; didn’t feel a need to post a reassurance when the matter was a few hours away from resolution anyway.

Apparently during the preceding days people on Discord were panicking over the thought that the Court wouldn’t be able to finish on time and that the election would descend into chaos, with some people calling for impeaching the Court or whatever. Vanishingly little of this was communicated on the forum. The public discussion thread was mostly full of banter regarding Fairbol’s pocket veto theory; not exactly anything to make any of us suspect a panic that needed immediate address. Someone could have at least reached out to one of us, explained that many people were very worried about imminent collapse and asked what the outlook was on resolving the case. But this never happened; at least for me personally the only contact I had during this time was with the other justices. It feels increasingly more than ever that the game is actually coexisting in two separate universes, with at best very blurry vision from one into the other.

Again because most of the panic was not directed at the court, but the lack of legal representation and the one sided aspect of the trial. Many were confused by Ishan's post and so pressure was instead pushed towards mostly the AG and others possibly capable of representing the DoFE.

To my eyes on Tuesday, it looked as if any communication that was occurring, was exclusive to discord at best or nonexistent at worst, which is why I made this thread, so that at least someone was pushing for clarification or progress on the boards. In that sense my thread "moved the panic/outrage/fear and loathing" onto the boards.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2023, 12:28:01 AM »

So just my two cents on where I was at the time. The S019 thing and what Adam said about it gets back to what I did that night a few hours before everything got settled.

S019, as he said, was not aware of TSA’s situation until I pointed it out to him and in the ensuing convo someone put it into his head to contact Battista and get him to post about the case, and even in the worst case scenario where your opinion wasn't posted within a few hours of all that, this would've settled the matter nicely. My next thought of contacting the court wouldn't have been done until I logged in the next morning at which point your opinion was already posted.

The whole situation communicated about the Court on the forum was done in this very OP, I wasn't sure what could be added to it. It happened right in the day or two between Ishan pulling out of the case and your resolution. Not sure how much of the posturing in this thread from the other side has taken that into account.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies