Impact of generational change on the makeup of the Republican Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:44:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Impact of generational change on the makeup of the Republican Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Impact of generational change on the makeup of the Republican Party  (Read 1986 times)
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

« on: May 11, 2023, 03:12:08 PM »
« edited: May 11, 2023, 03:22:22 PM by NE Senator Christian Man »

I think they'll become the party of the non-college-educated if they're not there already. I think it will ultimately move in a libertarian movement on social issues unless there's a religious revival or some unexpected realignment, as traditional values are not a winner for people under the age of 45. Economically speaking, I think it will remain very protectionist and immigration reductionist but it's hard to say whether it'll move left as it'll depend on who's in charge. But I doubt welfare (except for Obamacare) repeals/cuts would be popular but I doubt most party members would become progressives, probably center, maybe center-left at the most. I'm guessing it'll become more isolationist as well unless we enter an international incident or popular war in which American patriotism rises to levels not seen in decades in that case neoconservatism would make a swift comeback, although it's hard to tell whether it would be temporary or not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies