NH-Gov 2024: If You Knew Sununu Like I Knew Sununu
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:58:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-Gov 2024: If You Knew Sununu Like I Knew Sununu
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: NH-Gov 2024: If You Knew Sununu Like I Knew Sununu  (Read 12513 times)
Brother Jonathan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2024, 05:56:38 PM »

Other recent NH news:

Ted Gatsas, holding a D-trending Executive Council District including Manchester and its once deeply Republican suburbs, is retiring and the race to replace him is shaping up quickly. Bob Burns (nominee for NH-02 in 2022), NH GOP Vice Chair and former Board of Education Member Ryan Terrell (who created a stir by Tweeting an announcement on his official Party account), and Terese Grinnell (right-wing nut) are all currently running. 2010 GOP governor nominee and former NH HHS commissioner John Stephen and State Rep. Ross Berry are also possible candidates.

Ultimately this will be a harder seat for Republicans to hold, though I would not say it's impossible if they can get a good candidate. But that's a big if.
Brother Jonathan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2024, 08:33:31 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2024, 08:35:10 AM by Brother Jonathan »

Make of it what you will (he's one State Rep, albeit the Majority Floor leader) but seems like Joe Sweeney has endorsed (or is at least supporting) Chuck Morse pretty openly.

Really not a surprise; both are from Salem and I'm pretty sure they have been close for quite a while.

More significant maybe is that a lot of his former Senate colleagues are backing him. At the very least Sharon Carson, the Senate Majority Leader, endorsed him at a press conference on his (pretty stupid makes Kelly Ayotte look normal on the border) "Fortifying the Granite State Defense Plan." A few other State Senators were present as well but they are listed as "attending in support of the plan," and only Sweeney and Carson have direct quotes in the press statement saying they support Morse.

On a general note, it's basically just living proof of how national and reflexive GOP politics are at this point given that Morse and Ayotte are getting into a fight about immigration, as though either of them will be able to deal with that as Governor in any meaningful way. Morse has an "Amnesty Ayotte" website now and is (again, as expected) tacking to her right. I mean the whole thing is nonsense, this is not an issue that will win the general, but Morse knows he needs some hook, and Ayotte cannot afford to just ignore it. It does seem Morse being so negative is creating some friction, but among voters who knows. He's at least remaining relevant and is shaping Ayotte's campaign, and it does mean it may be somewhat closer than it looked at first.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies