Is “expanding definition of whiteness” a real thing? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:53:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Is “expanding definition of whiteness” a real thing? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is “expanding definition of whiteness” a real thing?  (Read 2886 times)
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 05, 2023, 06:51:24 PM »

I think it has.

I am a teacher in a suburban area, near a military base. There are a lot of children who are half white and half asian. For the most part, they are lumped with the white kids. I mean, they look pretty white. Act white. So they are considered white (until its time to apply for college scholarships hehehe).

I am starting to notice more half white half hispanic children. They also seem to be lumped with the whites.

Of course, half white half black children are considered black 100% of the time.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 10:13:19 PM »

I'd say white Hispanics that speak English without a notable accent are already starting to be perceived as white.

Another interesting one would be an immigrant from Argentina or Uruguay (probably Chile and parts of Southern Brazil too) who looks as white as I do (100% Irish and Scottish ancestry).  That person is Hispanic and probably has a significant accent when speaking English, but it's also laughable to say that they're not white.
Its too bad Americans are so dumb when it comes to race

"Hispanic" comes to mind a brown skin Mexican (Most Mexicans are mixed European and Native ancestory)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies