According to Pew, only 10% of marriages are interracial. How can we increase that percentage? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:16:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  According to Pew, only 10% of marriages are interracial. How can we increase that percentage? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: According to Pew, only 10% of marriages are interracial. How can we increase that percentage?  (Read 2071 times)
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 29, 2023, 08:10:23 PM »

What do you think the ideal interracial marriage percentage is? 100%? 10%? Something else?

source
Why does it need to go up? Why does it matter what the race is between a married couple. No disrespect, this is a very stupid question.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 05:51:28 PM »

What do you think the ideal interracial marriage percentage is? 100%? 10%? Something else?

source
Why does it need to go up? Why does it matter what the race is between a married couple. No disrespect, this is a very stupid question.

Some Americans are out there doing their part to create the Cosmic Race, and then there's you.
K
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 02:00:33 PM »

The guy is big in the Black community and he's gonna give Democrats a lot of problems in the future over interracial marriage and reparations, so he's gonna be a thorn in the Democrats' for years to come.
False on all accounts.

Most Black people (who even know of him) view Dr. Umar more as a comic than a serious figure. Also, while there are some Black people who are anti-interracial relationships, it is not a widely held viewpoint and definitely not more prevalent compared to people of other races.
I agree with everything except one thing. I suspect 40-50% of black people oppose interracial marriage. Almost all are black women.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 08:16:24 PM »

I agree with everything except one thing. I suspect 40-50% of black people oppose interracial marriage. Almost all are black women.
40-50%? What are you basing that on?
Personal observation and what I've been told.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4465800/

7/10 of black women are unmarried. The percentage of black women who will never marry is much higher than the percentage of black men who will never marry.

A certain percentage of black men will only date/marry white women. Much higher than white men who exclusivily date black women. Or black women who date white men.

This is a well recorded phenomenon. So from personal observation, what I've been told by my black friends, and numerous jokes from the black comedians like Key and Peele, I suspect almost all black women oppose interacial marriage.Thus 40-50% of the black population, give or take. Could be 30 could be 60.

In fact, I would argue percentage wise more black people oppose interacial marriage than white people....
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 08:52:59 PM »

Personal observation and what I've been told.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4465800/

7/10 of black women are unmarried. The percentage of black women who will never marry is much higher than the percentage of black men who will never marry.

A certain percentage of black men will only date/marry white women. Much higher than white men who exclusivily date black women. Or black women who date white men.

This is a well recorded phenomenon. So from personal observation, what I've been told by my black friends, and numerous jokes from the black comedians like Key and Peele, I suspect almost all black women oppose interacial marriage.Thus 40-50% of the black population, give or take. Could be 30 could be 60.

In fact, I would argue percentage wise more black people oppose interacial marriage than white people....
I'll preface by saying that I'm a Black man, so I have a good insight into this.

Most Black people regardless of gender are not against interracial relationships. However, due to the racial history of America, traditional American/Western beauty standards and the dating hierarchy, some Black women disapprove of Black men dating White women (and other non-Black women).

"40-50% of Black people" are NOT opposed to IR dating but this is a complex convo though.
Thank you for your input, it is appreciated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies