According to Pew, only 10% of marriages are interracial. How can we increase that percentage? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:02:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  According to Pew, only 10% of marriages are interracial. How can we increase that percentage? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: According to Pew, only 10% of marriages are interracial. How can we increase that percentage?  (Read 2080 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 30, 2023, 08:01:51 PM »

I think it's just a matter of time. America is becoming more heterogeneous and more tolerant every year.

Wrong. Dr. Umar Johnson, who is one of the most beloved Black commentators disagrees with you and the Democratic Party. A lot of Black Democrats think like him, aren't no different than White Republicans.

This is your party, this is what your party is going to have to get votes from in South Carolina, etc.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 08:02:56 PM »

Dr. Umar cares.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 08:07:19 PM »

Dr. Umar? Usually I'd lend his ideas credence but my populist anti-credentialism makes me distrust anyone who calls his or her public persona "Doctor".

Sorry!

The guy is big in the Black community and he's gonna give Democrats a lot of problems in the future over interracial marriage and reparations, so he's gonna be a thorn in the Democrats' for years to come.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 11:59:03 PM »

The guy is big in the Black community and he's gonna give Democrats a lot of problems in the future over interracial marriage and reparations, so he's gonna be a thorn in the Democrats' for years to come.
False on all accounts.

Most Black people (who even know of him) view Dr. Umar more as a comic than a serious figure. Also, while there are some Black people who are anti-interracial relationships, it is not a widely held viewpoint and definitely not more prevalent compared to people of other races.

He's not a comic when he is on Roland Martin's show or Charlamagne's show...the guy is serious...
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2023, 01:55:38 PM »

I dated a girl who was a regular listener of the good Dr. Umar's. And I'm a proud cannibalistic caveson of Yakub, what now Bronz?

It doesn't matter if you are a white leftist, you are still seen as a cannibalistic caveson, so Umar would not like you anyway.

People like Umar are seen as the Black Left, hence why a lot of white Americans are Republicans.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2023, 05:41:28 PM »

People like Umar are seen as the Black Left, hence why a lot of white Americans are Republicans.
Bronz, just stop it please.

Dr. Umar is not even close to being apart of the "Black Left". He's not left wing at all and hates both the Democratic & Republican parties.

I don't know what you're talking about 95% of the time. Sometimes though, you go even further into la-la land.

He is the Black Left. He is the Black Left that does not vote anymore, or he probably voted for Obama, stayed home in 2016 and voted for Biden begrudgingly.

He hates both parties because he sees both parties being a vessel of white supremacy. He wants an all-black party.....

Umar is no joke.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 10:09:51 AM »

I think it's just a matter of time. America is becoming more heterogeneous and more tolerant every year.

Wrong. Dr. Umar Johnson, who is one of the most beloved Black commentators disagrees with you and the Democratic Party. A lot of Black Democrats think like him, aren't no different than White Republicans.

This is your party, this is what your party is going to have to get votes from in South Carolina, etc.

I have no idea who the heck this Umar guy is, but blacks are not in general against interracial marriage. In the most recent vote repealing the anti-miscegenation laws (MS, 1987), repeal won by a narrow 52-48 statewide but the margin was much larger in black parts of MS. People back then were also making the same claim that you are here.

Umar is a big deal, you are underestimating him, that is the reality of the situation. A lot of blacks are against interracial marriage more than whites. Whites have been taught since 1968 to be colorblind and not see race, when it is different for Blacks.

Most black people HATE white women, and white women-black men pairings....they despise it. Look at how the OJ trial went. Yet white women and black men still mingle, white men and black men, etc. Nothing wrong with it but it still happens.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2023, 05:24:30 PM »

I agree with everything except one thing. I suspect 40-50% of black people oppose interracial marriage. Almost all are black women.
40-50%? What are you basing that on?

A lot of black women HATE white women and white women taking their black men. OJ was a catalyst. There is a reason why people look down on interracial marriages, but people should let people be, but that is the world we live in today.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 06:57:38 PM »

I agree with everything except one thing. I suspect 40-50% of black people oppose interracial marriage. Almost all are black women.

A lot of black women HATE white women and white women taking their black men. OJ was a catalyst. There is a reason why people look down on interracial marriages, but people should let people be, but that is the world we live in today.
Um, multiple things:

*I wasn't talking to you but to Pres. Mike lol.

*I wasn't talking about Black women but specifically his statement of "40-50% of Black people oppose interracial marriage".

*Some Black women being opposed to Black men-White women relationships was a thing long before OJ.

True, because of the Emmett Till thing.....like if every white woman does that...is every black woman sassy?

That stuff is a reason why white women vote Republican and will continue to, why vote Democratic when you have nothing in common with Black and Latina women? You're accused of being a white privileged female, so what's the point? White women vote GOP probably because they feel that they belong in the GOP.....they don't have to hear about being a Karen or a Becky automatically because they are a white woman.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2023, 09:37:39 PM »

Personal observation and what I've been told.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4465800/

7/10 of black women are unmarried. The percentage of black women who will never marry is much higher than the percentage of black men who will never marry.

A certain percentage of black men will only date/marry white women. Much higher than white men who exclusivily date black women. Or black women who date white men.

This is a well recorded phenomenon. So from personal observation, what I've been told by my black friends, and numerous jokes from the black comedians like Key and Peele, I suspect almost all black women oppose interacial marriage.Thus 40-50% of the black population, give or take. Could be 30 could be 60.

In fact, I would argue percentage wise more black people oppose interacial marriage than white people....
I'll preface by saying that I'm a Black man, so I have a good insight into this.

Most Black people regardless of gender are not against interracial relationships. However, due to the racial history of America, traditional American/Western beauty standards and the dating hierarchy, some Black women disapprove of Black men dating White women (and other non-Black women).

"40-50% of Black people" are NOT opposed to IR dating but this is a complex convo though.

Yet these are the same Black women who will cape and support white fetishizers like Eric Bryan Stone, who uses Black women to profit off of Black pain and suffering on social media....right? Hypocrisy, amirite?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cii51Udgt9V/?hl=en
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2023, 04:36:39 PM »

Personal observation and what I've been told.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4465800/

7/10 of black women are unmarried. The percentage of black women who will never marry is much higher than the percentage of black men who will never marry.

A certain percentage of black men will only date/marry white women. Much higher than white men who exclusivily date black women. Or black women who date white men.

This is a well recorded phenomenon. So from personal observation, what I've been told by my black friends, and numerous jokes from the black comedians like Key and Peele, I suspect almost all black women oppose interacial marriage.Thus 40-50% of the black population, give or take. Could be 30 could be 60.

In fact, I would argue percentage wise more black people oppose interacial marriage than white people....
You are delusional

No, it's the truth. Black women HATE black men marrying outside the race, look at how Clarence Thomas is treated. They feel he married down, an ugly white woman as his wife. Yet, Ketanji Brown Jackson doesn't get much hate for marrying a white man.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies