Republicans will always be Patriots, change my mind
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:35:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans will always be Patriots, change my mind
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Republicans will always be Patriots, change my mind  (Read 1066 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2023, 11:56:39 PM »

Bush is the last president whose speeches made you feel patriotic as well.
This is just your opinion.

If I want to hear a patriotic speech from a President, I will go to Obama, Biden and heck even Bill Clinton. Or go historical (FDR, Truman, JFK, etc). Not from any garbage spoken from Dubya.

I rarely watch speeches from Bush but when I do it's for comedy mostly (example: "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.")
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2023, 12:07:11 AM »

If I want to hear a patriotic speech from a President, I will go to Obama, Biden and heck even Bill Clinton. Or go historical (FDR, Truman, JFK, etc). Not from any garbage spoken from Dubya.

I rarely watch speeches from Bush but when I do it's for comedy mostly (example: "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.")
I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. That's why an island of mermen will emerge from the Atlantic tomorrow and within a year we will have a nice, happy society that is half-American, half-amphibious. It will be America's 51st state, Aqualand.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2023, 12:41:45 AM »

Obviously Obama is a better orator than Bush and it’s not even close but Bush was really good at making you feel patriotic that I don’t think recent presidents were . Both Obama and Trump speeches mainly were about talking more about the stuff America was bad at than the stuff we were good at which makes sense given both were populist outsiders who won the White House .

Biden I actually feel in a different time would be really good at this too but times have changed and the country doenst value patriotism like it used to which is sad
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2023, 01:00:53 AM »

They clearly don't love America.

They love a particular idea of America, that doesn't exist. An America where only white, heterosexual christians live. That's not America.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2023, 01:10:32 AM »

The latest poll shows. They love ❤️ this country,

Hate to break it to you, but a poll can't show if someone or group of people is patriotic. Only their actions can.

Real patriots value the Constitution, the idea of America, freedom and the will of the people (aka elections) over everything else. It's standing up for your country, not your political party. When you try to install by violence the guy who lost an election by 7 million votes, you are the furthest thing from a patriot, you're a terrorist, I don't care how much you say you like baseball. Polls have shown that the majority of the republican party does not believe that Jan 6th was a big deal, that it was merely legitimate political speech. To them, Colin Kapernick kneeling in protest was a national emergency, but cops getting beaten half to death was not. This shows that a majority of republicans don't even possess the basic concept of what true patriotism is. If that simple synopsis doesn't change your mind, then you're part of the problem. It's that simple.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2023, 03:41:57 AM »

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. That's why an island of mermen will emerge from the Atlantic tomorrow and within a year we will have a nice, happy society that is half-American, half-amphibious. It will be America's 51st state, Aqualand.

Did you watch The Shape Of Water last night, Tim?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2023, 06:58:08 AM »

They clearly don't love America.

They love a particular idea of America, that doesn't exist. An America where only white, heterosexual christians live. That's not America.

They see America as an identity, not an ideology or some concept of “good”. I’d like to think that America is forever, even long after our nation is partitioned, conquered, or “evolves” into something “not American”.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2023, 07:41:02 AM »

maybe you could have made the argument in 2010, but since 2016 and especially since Jan 6th, it is impossible to make the argument that Republicans are patriots.  It's not redavs praising Putin in our Ukraine thread (granted it's only 1 or 2 or our Republicans doing it, but that's only because most of our Republicans are either non-Trumpers or are smart enough to know when to keep their mouths shut).
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2023, 08:26:37 AM »

Did you watch The Shape Of Water last night, Tim?
My first time hearing about that movie.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2023, 08:38:44 AM »

Dunkirk should have won.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2023, 10:38:05 PM »

This just seems too much of a joke thread, even for bronz, to be serious... right? Right???

And if not, it's only because Republicans have twisted patriotism to resemble some of the superficialities of Republican-leaning areas.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2023, 10:56:08 PM »

The Chennault Affair and Iran-Contra certainly weren’t patriotic and the PATRIOT Act and Guantanamo Bay were betrayals of America’s supposed values.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies