Reminder who Ron DeSantis appointed as Florida's Surgeon General
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:06:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Reminder who Ron DeSantis appointed as Florida's Surgeon General
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reminder who Ron DeSantis appointed as Florida's Surgeon General  (Read 395 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2023, 12:27:29 AM »

A complete political hack pretending to be a doctor who tried to spread misleading information from his position that the Covid vaccine increases the risk of cardiac death in young males.

He of course got absolutely ripped to shreds for this amongst other doctors all over social media. The study is pure junk, that in addition to not being peer reviewed doesn't even list the authors' names and didn't any legitimate non-politicized medical official defending it. Here's an easy to read thorough debunking: https://youcanknowthings.com/2022/10/09/a-critical-review-of-floridas-new-vaccine-analysis

And I think the best easy to understand debunking of this:

How bad is this guy? Earlier this month he was actually rebuked by the FDA and CDC themselves for the misinformation he's spread: https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/cdc-fda-accused-florida-surgon-general/

Ideally he'd have his medical license revoked although I'm sure the Florida Board of Health is an absurd joke as well...but yeah I'd love to see the "reasonable" blue avatars defend this.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 12:52:06 AM »

but yeah I'd love to see the "reasonable" blue avatars defend this.

They are unlikely to click on this thread, much less post on it, but they'll go off to "conservacord" and whine about how insufferable and mean requests like this are...
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 01:22:13 AM »

They are unlikely to click on this thread, much less post on it, but they'll go off to "conservacord" and whine about how insufferable and mean requests like this are...
Everyone has been going into their own echo chambers and it’s sad. Even here atlas has become more and more left leaning than the mostly balanced place it was when I joined. Of course, atlas in general is more highly educated than the general public, which kinda shows where that demographic has shifted in recent years.

Still, I miss having a good number of sane center rightists here
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 03:12:11 AM »

Everyone has been going into their own echo chambers and it’s sad. Even here atlas has become more and more left leaning than the mostly balanced place it was when I joined. Of course, atlas in general is more highly educated than the general public, which kinda shows where that demographic has shifted in recent years.

Ten years ago there were many rational Republican members (Inks, bullmoose, Phil, etc.) with whom you could have a serious conversation on any issue. Like in real life, they have been gradually replaced by increasingly unhinged MAGA hatters whose only purpose is to hijack and derail threads with their nihilistic, inflammatory rhetoric.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 05:26:59 AM »

He's not gonna be PREZ anyways
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 10:44:20 AM »

Lack of principled opposition is not good for Democrats, the left in general, or the country as a whole.

It's just one more of the countless ways that Republicans' extended reality excursion harms all Americans
FloridaMan1845
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 01:48:43 PM »

Every accusation is a confession.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 12:47:15 AM »

This is basically what this "study" was. And DeSantis wanted a guy who promoted that to run the entire state's health department:

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies