Idaho is about to become the first state to restrict interstate travel for abortion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:15:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Idaho is about to become the first state to restrict interstate travel for abortion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Idaho is about to become the first state to restrict interstate travel for abortion  (Read 1911 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2023, 07:36:19 PM »

The left just doesn’t understand the right at all.
Do you deny that this sort of thing is going to happen in states that ban abortion?
Yes

Care to comment, OSR?

I refer to Skill and Chance’s post

Yes, the whataboutism stance is usually pretty well-favoured by thoroughly ignorant/evil people.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2023, 07:38:52 PM »

Do you deny that this sort of thing is going to happen in states that ban abortion?
Yes

Care to comment, OSR?

Yes, the whataboutism stance is usually pretty well-favoured by thoroughly ignorant/evil people.

I oppose this law but this law is not the same thing as that video
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2023, 09:31:51 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2023, 09:45:41 PM by Skill and Chance »

Wonder what a poll would show if you asked parents "Would you support someone being able to legally take your child to another state for a surgery or other medical intervention without your knowledge?"

Yeah I wonder what would happen if you specifically phrased a poll in a biased way?

It's only biased in that it frames abortion as just another medical procedure.

And you generally can't perform a non-emergency medical procedure on a minor without parent/guardian consent, right? 

FWIW there was recently a federal court ruling that a government program distributing birth control to a minor without parental consent violated the parent's constitutional rights.  However, the judge was probably the most socially conservative federal judge in the country, so I'm not sure if the ruling would survive on appeal (though an appeal would go to the 5th Circuit so IDK).
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2023, 12:20:14 AM »

Im about as anti abortion as you can get and even I disapprove of laws banning travel, even if travel is for evil purposes.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2023, 07:49:42 AM »

Absolutely unconstitutional and would set a nightmarish precedent that would probably tear the country apart.   Think of if blue states banned traveling to other states to purchase firearms?   It'd basically be the start of forming two different countries for all intents and purposes.

I believe a lot of blue states have done that, if I’m not mistaken?

Citation needed. 
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2023, 08:10:20 AM »

The party of small government.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2023, 08:14:01 AM »

Are they gonna start requiring people who get pregnant to wear ankle bracelets? This is a slippery slope to feudalism.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2023, 08:14:53 AM »

I’m all for living in Gilead if I get political power. Being a powerful man in Gilead seemed pretty POG
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2023, 08:18:22 AM »

Idaho saw the potential tax revenue from all the Hacker Hostels fleeing California to work remotely from the mountains and said “nah fam we good” lmfaoooo
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2023, 08:27:33 AM »

I’m all for living in Gilead if I get political power. Being a powerful man in Gilead seemed pretty POG

Bro, that’s really gambling. Yes. If you are in the top few percent, you are probably getting a harem.
Maybe, if you miss the moon and land amongst the stars, you will be upper middle class and will not have much change, but if you don’t get to the top quintile, they are not enough women to go around if the top 5% have them all. At that point, maybe you can become a eunuch in a powerful man’s house or a priest in the state church. Then again, there’s probably a lot of competition for that too. That second quintile is distinguished from the bottom 60%.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2023, 08:59:58 AM »

Bro, that’s really gambling. Yes. If you are in the top few percent, you are probably getting a harem.
Maybe, if you miss the moon and land amongst the stars, you will be upper middle class and will not have much change, but if you don’t get to the top quintile, they are not enough women to go around if the top 5% have them all. At that point, maybe you can become a eunuch in a powerful man’s house or a priest in the state church. Then again, there’s probably a lot of competition for that too. That second quintile is distinguished from the bottom 60%.
What is the pay for a eunuch?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2023, 09:50:21 AM »

Like 25000 a year given weekly but you get a room in the big house and maybe get free food. Probably gives you the lifestyle of someone making 40 or 50 a year. And of course there’s “health care”. Maybe if you become a favorite in the household, you get a car, a credit card, and are allowed to go to the mall in Spokane.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2023, 10:18:22 AM »

Yes, restricting the right to travel is unconstitutional.

It is also bizarre. What is to prohibit the pregnant minor hopping on a greyhound bus?
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2023, 10:25:46 AM »

Good luck enforcing this.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2023, 11:01:24 AM »

Like 25000 a year given weekly but you get a room in the big house and maybe get free food. Probably gives you the lifestyle of someone making 40 or 50 a year. And of course there’s “health care”. Maybe if you become a favorite in the household, you get a car, a credit card, and are allowed to go to the mall in Spokane.
Wait so I don’t even have to pay rent…and I get free food? If this place has wifi…I am in.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2023, 11:03:25 AM »

Wait so I don’t even have to pay rent…and I get free food? If this place has wifi…I am in.

There’s just one catch if you’re an “extra” male in this reality, though.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2023, 11:32:58 AM »

What I have to get my d**k chopped? I kind assumed that given the word “eunuch.” Anything else I should be aware of?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2023, 11:35:29 AM »

What I have to get my d**k chopped? I kind assumed that given the word “eunuch.” Anything else I should be aware of?

There could be other things. I imagine there are opportunities to get into politics this way for the right person so long as you don’t go for the very too.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2023, 11:40:36 AM »

It is also bizarre. What is to prohibit the pregnant minor hopping on a greyhound bus?
Let me try again on this. There should be a program to track girls’ periods and they aren’t allowed to talk about it in school. Once they hit menarche, they get traveling collars installed. The program is financed by tithes and offerings of the state church ( LDS? Catholic? State designed theology?)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2023, 12:30:12 PM »

Let me try again on this. There should be a program to track girls’ periods and they aren’t allowed to talk about it in school. Once they hit menarche, they get traveling collars installed. The program is financed by tithes and offerings of the state church ( LDS? Catholic? State designed theology?)

That makes sense provided that those holding the leash on the subject girls are members of the priesthood. Nobody else would be reliable to discharge their duties faithfully.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2023, 12:57:00 PM »

That makes sense provided that those holding the leash on the subject girls are members of the priesthood. Nobody else would be reliable to discharge their duties faithfully.

Or look at my suggestion to FL
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2023, 03:17:38 PM »

Yes

Care to comment, OSR?

I oppose this law but this law is not the same thing as that video

Bullsh**t. Utter and complete bullsh**t.

You were completely wrong, now have the cojones to admit it. We already know you don't have enough to actually oppose the homegrown Taliban types pushing these types of laws, because you know they will inevitably vote for your Florida man king and similarly vote to slash taxes on the wealthy and big corporations.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2023, 03:58:52 PM »

Once again, red avatars mischaracterize to score cheap points.  Transporting a minor across state boundaries for the purpose of receiving medical treatment w/o parental consent should be illegal.  Who disagrees? 
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2023, 04:07:58 PM »

Once again, red avatars mischaracterize to score cheap points.  Transporting a minor across state boundaries for the purpose of receiving medical treatment w/o parental consent should be illegal.  Who disagrees? 

In some circumstances I would disagree, such as an abortion, chemotherapy, surgery to remove a foreign object, etc etc.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2023, 04:15:18 PM »

I definitely disagree. I don't want Christian Scientists or new-age hippie weirdos preventing their kids from receiving crucial medial treatment, and the people who assist those kids anyway are heroes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies