Why are third trimester abortions controversial? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:19:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why are third trimester abortions controversial? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are third trimester abortions controversial?  (Read 986 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« on: March 29, 2023, 12:03:27 AM »

Most of these fetuses have birth defects. Do you think we should "simply deliver" babies with deformities or down syndrome?

I don't agree with you, but it is to your credit that you do at least have a logically consistent opinion and you are willing to stand up for it even when it might be easier not to, which is more than many people can say.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 12:13:33 AM »

Quote from: I Fought Guns, Tanks, Cannon link=topic=544053.msg9020841#msg9020841 date=1680016696 uid=6514
[youtube

This was great! Much too intelligent for most of us. Certainly too intelligent for those individuals who seek to place a woman's life and worth below the true value that women bring to society.

Yeah, I am not a particular Buttigieg fan (at least relative to many other Ds), and I don't entirely agree with his position, but he does an excellent job making his point here, and it is a very good point which everyone should take seriously - in the overwhelming majority of cases it is certainly not as though women get to the 3rd trimester and suddenly decide to get an abortion for no good reason. If they didn't want to have a child, for the most part things would not have gotten that far along in the first place.

That said, where Buttigieg goes wrong in my view is that he jumps from that fact to the point where he simply outright dismisses the possibility that in any cases at all that might not be true, and as a result doesn't offer any sort of answer for any such cases. In other words, he doesn't really take the question fully seriously. That doesn't make for a philosophically sound argument, though he does a good job of making it sound persuasive on a more immediate political level of course.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies