Supreme Court to take case of Americans with Disabilities Act "tester" of hotels (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:20:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Supreme Court to take case of Americans with Disabilities Act "tester" of hotels (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Supreme Court to take case of Americans with Disabilities Act "tester" of hotels  (Read 1899 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: April 01, 2023, 12:21:55 PM »

One thing most hotels violate in the ADA are their shuttles are usually not ADA compliant. Technically, if if a hotel runs a continuous service on a schedule the shuttle or van must have a wheelchair lift if they can run vans for more than 15 passengers.

What they do to get around this is have smaller 10 or 14 passenger vans. But they still must provide an reasonable equivalent service. Which most do not.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 01:45:19 PM »

One amendment we should make to the ADA is in regards to service dogs. Virtually all "service dogs" are fake.

No perfect solution as it wouldn't be that difficult to fake an ID card for service animals, but an ID requirement wouldn't even need to state the disability or the tasks required to perform.

By the ways, dogs who are random barking, attacking people, and playing around are not service animals.

When I was a manager in the hotel industry, I saw and pointed out so many ADA violations. But of course the time I got in a little  trouble was when I evicted a guest who had a "service dog" who was barking and literally attacking other dogs. I was not written up or anything, but the guests family was very upset as were several employees.

Hotel employees:

No ADA complaint van or equivalent service. No access to an in house restaurant for wheelchairs: A-OK.

A barking fake service dog attacking other dogs being evicted: OMG you are providing poor customer service.

I really do believe people who went to school for hospitality management are brainwashed, and quite frankly EVIL.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies