MA-Sen 2024: Warren officially running again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:27:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-Sen 2024: Warren officially running again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MA-Sen 2024: Warren officially running again  (Read 2678 times)
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2023, 09:47:47 PM »

Warren is relatively unpopular in the state (or was last time I checked), but I don't see her as vulnerable. Massachusetts is averse to insurgencies.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2023, 05:23:02 AM »

Back to JK3 and Massachusetts Senate seats: the reality is the 2020 Senate race was flukey. A perfect storm. Markey astutely attatched himself to the far left movement that gained steam via Bernie and then more so following Trumps election.

It was a moment in time where the base of both parties (more so Dems) fostered deep animosity toward those perceived to be insiders or “well connected”

That's the best and really only good thing about Trump's election. Well, that and trade reform.

I voted Scott Brown in ‘12

So you voted to give Mitch McConnell another seat. Nice.

Anyway, three facts remain:

1. It doesn't matter whether you think it was a "fluke" or not. Fact is, Kennedy was supposed to crush Markey. When people realized the contest was between a progressive and a pretty face, they voted for the former.

2. Neither Markey or Warren are likely to retire for some time, so Joe Kennedy's Senate hopes are as dead as his overrated granduncle when his brains were blown out.

3. Warren still lied for political gain when her campaign was failing and she got desperate, so I'm pretty much "whatever" about this.

That was a time where bipartisanship was still possible. There were Indiana and Missouri Dems and Colorado Republicans. I voted for who I felt was most centrist and at the time Scott Brown played the role of reasonable moderate quite well.

1. Where you’re wrong (many places but i’ll start here) is Markey is not a progressive - look at his civil rights history, He’s whatever he needs to be to get elected - he’s a fraud. He’s moderate when he needs to be, progressive when he needs to be.

2. Literally the most vile thing I’ve ever read on here.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2023, 05:57:42 AM »
« Edited: March 30, 2023, 06:01:07 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Scott Brown was a Romney Politician that voted against Obamacare and D's with 59 seats put it thru Reconciliation, Clinton in 1994 before the Gingrich Revolution could of done it thru Reconciliation Roger Marinis, his autobiography told him to do it that way, before then even I kind of liked Brown, but he tried to obstruct Obamacare pre 2012

Romney passed MA Obamacare but wanted to ban it because he had Paul Ryan at the Fed level

Gore and Kerry would of passed Obamacare when they had a D Congress and  Gore would of had a DCongress in 2002 no Bush W tax cuts would of put us in a Recession if 911 even happen because Bush W went on vacation before 911
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2023, 11:09:38 AM »

Back to JK3 and Massachusetts Senate seats: the reality is the 2020 Senate race was flukey. A perfect storm. Markey astutely attatched himself to the far left movement that gained steam via Bernie and then more so following Trumps election.

It was a moment in time where the base of both parties (more so Dems) fostered deep animosity toward those perceived to be insiders or “well connected”

That's the best and really only good thing about Trump's election. Well, that and trade reform.

I voted Scott Brown in ‘12

So you voted to give Mitch McConnell another seat. Nice.

Anyway, three facts remain:

1. It doesn't matter whether you think it was a "fluke" or not. Fact is, Kennedy was supposed to crush Markey. When people realized the contest was between a progressive and a pretty face, they voted for the former.

2. Neither Markey or Warren are likely to retire for some time, so Joe Kennedy's Senate hopes are as dead as his overrated granduncle when his brains were blown out.

3. Warren still lied for political gain when her campaign was failing and she got desperate, so I'm pretty much "whatever" about this.

That was a time where bipartisanship was still possible. There were Indiana and Missouri Dems and Colorado Republicans. I voted for who I felt was most centrist and at the time Scott Brown played the role of reasonable moderate quite well.

Still, there were probably enough votes to confirm Merrick Garland. McConnell denied him a hearing. And the Senate isn't like the House; every Republican you vote for is a vote to make McConnell Majority Leader and every Democrat you vote for is a vote for Schumer.

1. Where you’re wrong (many places but i’ll start here) is Markey is not a progressive - look at his civil rights history, He’s whatever he needs to be to get elected - he’s a fraud. He’s moderate when he needs to be, progressive when he needs to be.

Markey isn't perfect. No politician is. He voted for the Iraq War, which is bad, but then he became the Senate champion for AOC's Green New Deal. Kennedy didn't have much to offer progressives, or the people of Massachusetts for that matter, other than his last name. I had personally planned on supporting Markey before the DSAers started campaigning for him full-throttle, because he was doing a fine job and nothing that I thought warranted a primary challenge. Running on family legacy is the real opportunism here.

2. Literally the most vile thing I’ve ever read on here.

Yeah... that was the whiskey talking last night, so I do apologize. If you really wanna make your jaw drop though, you should see the crap people on USGD write about trans people while sober. I mean, good lord...
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2023, 12:21:54 PM »

MillennialModerate has never been right about anything on this site so I feel comfortable saying JKIII is not all that powerful or relevant anymore.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2023, 12:59:02 PM »

JKIII should have run for governor instead of trying to primary Markey for no reason whatsoever. He could have actually harnessed that energy and momentum to eventually platform his way for the Presidency, but he got greedy too quickly.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2023, 01:13:00 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2023, 01:21:23 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

MillennialModerate has never been right about anything on this site so I feel comfortable saying JKIII is not all that powerful or relevant anymore.

He was actually wrong on wave insurance seats AZ and GA, just like some users don't believe FL is in play because of DeSantis and Desantis like Reynolds and Vance won only because Grassley< Rubio and DeWine won not the other way around

Emerson has Biden tied or down by just 3 and it's the first state up it RS lose IA, FL, OH, NC it's over when those polls close and Desantis or Trump will have to concede

If VA come in for DS it's over they need VA, that's why 40/58 Approvals are meaningless
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2023, 02:31:11 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2023, 02:35:20 PM by MillennialModerate »

Never right about anything … anything at all. Oh… except for the fact I was the one who said

(paraphrasing)
“The mood on the ground has turned a lot: Markey is going to win”

before a single poll came out showing Markey in the lead.

Yes, I’ve been relentless and annoying about some predictions i’ve been totally wrong about - but the narrative that I’m consistently incorrect is not accurate.

The fact is the only people who don’t like the Kennedy’s in Massachusetts are Ed Markeys gang of “defund the police” trust fund liberals and Howie Carr.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2023, 03:13:07 PM »

Never right about anything … anything at all. Oh… except for the fact I was the one who said

(paraphrasing)

Yes, I’ve been relentless and annoying about some predictions i’ve been totally wrong about - but the narrative that I’m consistently incorrect is not accurate.

The fact is the only people who don’t like the Kennedy’s in Massachusetts are Ed Markeys gang of “defund the police” trust fund liberals and Howie Carr.

You were right about an incumbent Senator winning their primary in the state where you live after initially predicting otherwise? And that's the only example you can cite of a time you were not horribly, laughably incorrect about a prediction?
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2023, 04:38:53 PM »

(paraphrasing)

You were right about an incumbent Senator winning their primary in the state where you live after initially predicting otherwise? And that's the only example you can cite of a time you were not horribly, laughably incorrect about a prediction?

Hey, lighten up you guys! I get many predictions wrong too! Nobody jumps all over me for it!
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2023, 04:57:42 PM »

Michelle Wu and Ayanna Presley are going to be the next two senators from MA and I am close to certain about that prediction. The only question is who will replace Warren and who will replace Markey.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2023, 05:13:56 PM »

I actually quite liked JK3, but he really has no business running against Warren.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2023, 06:33:49 AM »

You won't see any comebacks Bullock, Ryan or Barnes or JK3 or RFK Jr whom wants to run for Prez whenever until D's secure the Secular Filibuster proof Trifecta and Ryan is especially gonna run again either for Gov or S in 26/28 because he is still young

Gallego is running to break the Filibuster and should they clinch it you might see Bullock back in 26 because Tillis and Collins are moderates but Jeff Jackson is probably gonna run but Golden may not run for Senate if Collins votes for Voting Rights Mills is TL anyways and we can have 54/48 S after DC Statehood

Barnes will definitely try to run in 28 since Johnson can run in Prez Eday and more vulnerable

Obviously, RFK Jr wants to run in 24 but there is no Independent Counsel report on Hunter Biden to hurt BIDEN especially for primary so he has to run in 28 and JK3 is looking at 203o
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2023, 05:56:32 PM »

Michelle Wu and Ayanna Presley are going to be the next two senators from MA and I am close to certain about that prediction. The only question is who will replace Warren and who will replace Markey.

I’m close to certain this is incorrect.

Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2023, 07:18:48 PM »

My guess is Presley replaces Markey in 2026, and Wu replaces Warren in 2030.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2023, 10:44:15 PM »

Uh, don’t count out JK3, Auchincloss, or Moulton
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2023, 10:23:20 AM »

Uh, don’t count out JK3, Auchincloss, or Moulton

I am absolutely counting all three of them out.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2023, 10:59:01 PM »

I’m close to certain this is incorrect.

At this point I don't even think Wu is a strong bet (>80%) to get re-elected.
JMT

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2024, 08:49:24 PM »

Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2024, 09:05:03 PM »

I'll have to say this about Warren. Like Kennedy before her, I believe that she is one of the most misunderstood senators in the chamber. People think of her as an out of touch coastal elitist, but outside of her presentation she has more in common with someone like Bernie Sanders or AOC.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2024, 08:39:01 AM »

I'll have to say this about Warren. Like Kennedy before her, I believe that she is one of the most misunderstood senators in the chamber. People think of her as an out of touch coastal elitist, but outside of her presentation she has more in common with someone like Bernie Sanders or AOC.

Anyone who thinks Elizabeth Warren is a coastal elite has never heard her speak. She still has that Oklahoma accent.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2024, 07:14:16 PM »

Anyone who thinks Elizabeth Warren is a coastal elite has never heard her speak. She still has that Oklahoma accent.

I've said this before, but Warren is a bad fit for Massachusetts because she is simultaneously seen as too folksy for many of the suburbs, and too elitist for the working class and rural parts of the state. All this leaves her is Cambridge.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies