Was Christianity the worst thing to ever happen to the world? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:30:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Was Christianity the worst thing to ever happen to the world? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Was Christianity the worst thing to ever happen to the world?  (Read 2687 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« on: March 30, 2023, 10:44:56 AM »

Traditional Christian doctrine goes back a long way.
The traditional or so called "orthodox" doctrines which are common today go back
to before the dark ages (a good example being Augustine).
Augustine defended a lot of the beliefs that have yet to be rejected.
Martin Luther added the idea of faith alone, which is rejected by the Roman Catholic Church.

If a person deviates from the "orthodox" that person is considered a heretic.

A literal interpretation means a literal eternal hell fire simply for rejecting the party line.

I don't think liberal Christianity is ever going to be the norm, so many people feel compelled into a binary choice of rejecting Christianity altogether or adhere to a gruesome dogma that would send the majority of earthlings to an inescapable eternal fire.
As for me, I chose the former.

Orthodoxy seems to have too great a hold on minds for liberalism to ever compete.

Most Christians did vote for Donald Trump, which is reason enough (for me) to choose an alternative to Christitianity. There is just too much in religion that can't be proven.

One final point is that in orthodoxy the emphasis is more on doctrine that on simply being a good person. Any person can choose to be a good person regardless of religion or the complete lack thereof.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies