A Dream Known as America
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:03:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Dream Known as America
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Dream Known as America  (Read 793 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2023, 08:52:10 PM »

"We are living in his America, the left just doesn't want to admit it." - Alan Lee Keyes, 41st President of the United States (1989-1993)

"I was 13 when he was nominated for President. four years later, I was working in his White House as a assistant, staffer, and speechwriter for his successor and Nixon, then served for two years as White House Communications Director before entering the House then the Governor's Mansion, the Senate, the Vice Presidency, and then the Presidency. My entire thought process throughout my entire political career is that if I could show even an eighth of what he could show, my political career would turn out just fine." - Patrick Joseph Buchanan, 40th President of the United States (1981-1989)

"Is it a political taboo to be praising a man so hated by my own political party? I guess so, but look at it from my perspective - He became President at a moment when the cold war was at its peak, America was coming out of the war with a reunified Korean Peninsula, and we were weary about getting involved in more foreign wars. He has the Moderates in his party, who want to appease everyone but are likely to appease no one, the liberals, who want to go on the road of interventionism and ignore America, and then the Conservatives who want to only focus on America and nothing else. Instead of picking a side, his idea creates a new brand of Conservatism that focused just enough on America while not forgetting about the international stage. It's no mistake that outside of one including myself, every President of my party followed his ideas and policies. He completely destroyed FDR's coalition and our party needed to adapt or die." - Donald Eugene Siegelman, 45th President of the United States (2009-2013)

"All I do is report on the facts. However, this man is very close to me. He was very close to my father. My late father was only eleven when he was nominated and twenty when he left office, but working in the staff of his white house and briefly in the White Houses of Jenner and Nixon allowed him to get accustomed to some political figures and when he later was elected President, he hugged the aging 99 year old man and said he was his political idol. To say that man had a huge effect on not just america, but also my family is hardly speaking about how important he really was." - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson, First Son (2001-2003) and News Anchor

"You want to talk about the American Dream, look at his life story. You want to talk about great men of history, look at his presidency. You want to talk about current American Politics, look at what he did. He revolutionized politics, made it fun and enjoyable again. He gave millions of young boys and girls hope for the future in a way that many other Presidents before him hadn't. The President before him was a disaster and then FDR was the antithesis of his ideology, and yet the New Deal crumbled before his Patriot Contract within a decade after he left office.He called young america to dream big, do the impossible, and challenge ourselves and we all took him up on that challenge and went even further beyond the initial call of duty he asked of us. Or, at least, I hope we did." - Michael Dale Huckabee, 46th President of the United States (2013-2021)

Source : https://d23.com/about-walt-disney/

A Dream Known as America :
The Presidency of Walter Elias Disney

In the style and based loosely off of Junior Chimp's Camelot Anew located here - https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=265331.0#quickreply
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 09:41:24 PM »

While this is overall a more right wing America, I wonder if there are policies that break that mold.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 09:59:24 PM »

While this is overall a more right wing America, I wonder if there are policies that break that mold.

There will be, considering Disney's idea for Neoconservatism aligns with his own personal ideas (Calvin Coolidge immigration ideas, Pro-Family policies that support american families, a massive infrastructure program, etc, etc). Not saying too much because potentially spoilers.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 06:02:42 AM »

Part I: A Campaign of Magic

“Some breaking news has just come in...We are now receiving reports that Senate Majority Leader, Robert Alphonse Taft Sr. has reportedly had cancer for a few years now and was actively trying to hide it so he could run for President”

Excerpt from the New York Times, January 1st, 1952

TAFT CANCER REVEALED, SON OF 27th PRESIDENT FORCED TO STAY OUT OF RACE; EISENHOWER & DEWEY SAY NO TO RUNNING

New York City - Senator Robert A. Taft Sr of Ohio has recently been revealed as having cancer and because of this diagnosis, he has been forced to stay out of the running for the Presidential Election.

The Ohioan, who is the son of America's 27th President William Howard Taft, is the leader of Conservative Republicans in the United States Senate and was considered to be their man for the 1952 Republican Presidential Nomination following the twice failure of Thomas Dewey of New York in 1944 and 1948. Because of the recent news of Taft's Cancer diagnosis having come out, he has been forced to leave his Presidential Campaign behind to focus on trying to recover from the disease, though given his age (he is 62 at this time), it is unknown if he will be be able to overcome the vile disease or not.

In other news, 1944 and 1948 Republican Presidential Nominee and New York Governor Thomas Dewey and Supreme Allied Commander in Europe, who is also President of Columbia University, Dwight D. Eisenhower of New York have both denied the idea of running for President in the aftermath of Taft's cancer diagnosis. Dewey cited that he had already been twice rejected by the American people and that he "Doesn't want to be William Jennings Byran of the Mid 20th Century." while Eisenhower has cited the successful destruction of the 13th Chinese Army in the Fourth Battle of Seoul in April of Last Year, which saw said army be completely cut off and rounded up, as the deciding factor, with him believing that because of that singular victory, he has no reason to doubt that the war will end in American victory with a unified Korea, as UN forces are already marching on Pyongyang once again as Chinese forces attempt to rebuild themselves.

With the news of Taft, Dewey, and Eisenhower announcing they won't run and Harold Stassen and Douglas MacArthur being political non-starters, this has allowed for Several Favorite Sons to announce their candidacy for the President : Styles Bridges of New Hampshire, Edward John Thye of Minnesota, Hugh A. Butler of Nebraska, Alexander Wiley of Wisconsin, Everett Dirksen of Illinois, Howard Alexander Smith of New Jersey, James H. Duff of Pennsylvania, Henry Cabot Lodge J.r of Massachusetts, John W. Bricker (the 1944 Vice Presidential Nominee) of Ohio, Rush Holt Sr. of West Virginia, Guy Cordon of Oregon, Earl Warren (the 1948 Vice Presidential Nominee) of California, Karl E. Mundt of South Dakota. It is obvious these favorite sons are only running in their home states, though the Left wing in the Party has the obvious favorite in Earl Warren, the Right wing is fractured, divided between candidates. With so many running and no one candidate looking like they can unite the Conservatives, who by and large control the Republican Party, it seems like Earl Warren is the unofficial front runner for the Nomination for the Republicans.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 01:52:52 PM »

"As expected, each favorite son won their state in the primary. No Candidate entered the Convention with 2 or more states behind them and due to them being favorite sons, it was unlikely their states would budge, so they had to rely on the states that didn't hold any primary. As one can expect, that led to a hell of a fight at the convention. I was 28 at the time of the Convention and I remembered every single bit of it." - Taken from Phylis Schlaffey's Autobiography "Being America's Mother : My Life in Politics, Law, and Activism"

"When we got on the convention floor and held the First Ballot, it was as we Conservatives rightly feared : Earl Warren was in the lead and behind him was the moderate Lodge. In third was Holt, surprisingly enough. Warren had 193 Delegates, Lodge had 105, and Holt had 97 while the rest were scattered among the other candidates, including Dirksen, Mundt, and Duff. It was the first Ballot where a lot of us had fears that we would eventually lose to a moderate or, even worse, a third Dewey Candidacy. Seeing as that was something none of us wanted to see, we began discussing possible ways of ending the stalemate." - Excerpt from John Jacob Rhodes's interview with Tom Brokaw of NBC.

1952 Republican Convention, First Ballot (July 7th, 1952)
Earl Warren (CA) : 273
Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. (MA) : 151
Rush Dew Holt Sr. (WV) : 139
Alexander Wiley (WI) : 113
Karl Earl Mundt (SD) : 99
Guy F. Cordon (OR) : 91
John William Bricker (OH) : 69
James Henderson Duff (PA) : 61
Edward John Thye (MN) : 55
Everett McKinley Dirksen (IL) : 49
Howard Alexander Smith (NJ) : 37
Henry Styles Bridges (NH) : 25
Hugh Alfred Butler (NE) : 21
Scattered : 17
Walt Disney (CA) : 5 (Unofficial, Draft Candidate)
Abstain : 1
604 needed for Nomination (603+1)
1,206 Total

Source : https://www.nytimes.com/video/movies/1194829436782/the-frost-nixon-interview.html

"Of course it was me who started the draft Disney movement. I told my buddies to cast a vote for him in the first ballot. Of course, they looked at me like I was mad. However, what I began was a carefully constructed plan. I knew for a fact that I wouldn't get a cabinet post or be the VP but I'd likely have a lot more pull if Disney was nominated as I would be the one who got his draft movement started. When the results of the first ballot came in, we had a long way to climb, I knew that for a fact. I spoke with Butler, Bridges, Dirksen, and Bricker and in an hour they stated they were dropping out and encouraged their delegates to back the draft Disney movement. Of course, Warren and Lodge likely had their guys speak to Smith, Thye, and Duff and got them to leave. When the Second Ballot convened, the result came in better than I had hoped." - Richard Milhous Nixon in an interview with Bob Woodward in 1973

1952 Republican Convention, Second Ballot (July 7th, 1952)
Earl Warren (CA) : 319
Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. (MA) : 195
Rush Dew Holt Sr. (WV) : 177
Alexander Wiley (WI) : 159
Walt Disney (CA) : 131 (Unofficial, Draft Candidate)
Karl Earl Mundt (SD) : 117
Guy F. Cordon (OR) : 79
Scattered : 28
1,206 Total

Source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxKJh7M-DSA[/center]

"I got behind Disney after Dirksen announced he wasn't running and we worked our tails off to get as many delegates to back him as possible. I didn't expect him to surpass Mundt on the Second Ballot and he was only 46 delegates away from removing Holt from third. After the Second Ballot, Cordon and Mundt dropped out with Cordon endorsing and Mundt endorsing Holt over Disney. When the third ballot came, the clock began ticking before it became a three way contest after Wiley announced he too was dropping out, endorsing Lodge in the process."

1952 Republican Convention, Third Ballot (July 7th, 1952)
Earl Warren (CA) : 377
Rush Dew Holt Sr. (WV) : 255
Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. (MA) : 211
Walt Disney (CA) : 199 (Unofficial, Draft Candidate)
Alexander Wiley (WI) : 133
Scattered : 30
1,206 Total
PuttinOnTheRotz
United States
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2023, 09:14:35 PM »

Pretty interesting timeline! Hope to see more in the future!
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2023, 10:46:47 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2023, 11:09:31 PM by Skill and Chance »

Hmmm... So it's pretty clear that Republicans won in 1952, 1956, 1960, 1980, 1984, 1988, 2000, 2012, and 2016.  Nixon also has to win at least one term sometime between 1964 and 1980, probably early on as it's mentioned that he worked in Disney's White House together with Disney's successor.  Also, Carlson doesn't finish his term for some reason, and there's only room for 1 president between Carlson and Siegelman, meaning 2004 is an implied Republican win unless he got a Dem VP through a 12th Amendment vote with a D Senate/R House (the only thing that would be crazier than the real 2000 election).  2008 is the only known Democratic win, but 1992 and 1996 are strongly implied, because there's only room for 1 additional president between Keyes and Carlson and Keyes only served 1 term.  Siegelman's comment strongly implies there's at least one more Dem president between him and Disney's time, probably 2 more.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies