YouGovAmerica/YahooNews (3/16-3/20): Trump +16; Trump +8 H2H w/ DeSantis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:30:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  YouGovAmerica/YahooNews (3/16-3/20): Trump +16; Trump +8 H2H w/ DeSantis
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: YouGovAmerica/YahooNews (3/16-3/20): Trump +16; Trump +8 H2H w/ DeSantis  (Read 242 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2023, 11:46:41 AM »

Crosstabs: https://www.scribd.com/document/633018504/20230320-yahoo-tabs#
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 01:32:16 PM »

Yet another swing toward the Donald in another poll
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 02:16:24 PM »

Yet another swing toward the Donald in another poll

I am old enough to remember when DeSantis was winning quite a few primary polls after the midterms.

And I am old enough to remember pointing out that in 2012 and 2016, there were similar cases where candidates like Ben Carson, Rick Perry, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Carly Fiorina, etc all had temporary surges in the polls as they served as the anti-Romney or anti-Trump flavor of the month (or week).

And I am old enough to remember OSR denying that had ever happened or that there could possibly be any similarity between that and DeSantis temporary surge.

Honestly, it would have been better if OSR were right though, because although DeSantis is certainly no saint, DeSantis beating Trump would at least have indicated that the Republican party as an institution at least still had some sort of interest in governing, so maybe with time it could eventually be redeemable as an institution.

But instead, the Republican party is proving itself to be, truly, just a cult. I am afraid of what the future looks like for a country where there is only one political party, but in which there is also an anti-democracy cult.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies