DeSantis walks back ‘territorial dispute’ remark on Ukraine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:49:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  DeSantis walks back ‘territorial dispute’ remark on Ukraine
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DeSantis walks back ‘territorial dispute’ remark on Ukraine  (Read 386 times)
Barack Oganja

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2023, 04:32:53 PM »

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is walking back his characterization of Russia’s war in Ukraine as a “territorial dispute,” following criticism from a number of fellow Republicans who expressed concern about the potential 2024 presidential candidate’s dismissive description of the conflict.

In excerpts of an interview with Piers Morgan set to air Thursday on Fox Nation, DeSantis said his earlier comments referenced ongoing fighting in the eastern Donbas region, as well as Russia’s 2014 seizure of Crimea. Ukraine’s borders are internationally recognized, including by the United Nations.

“What I’m referring to is where the fighting is going on now, which is that eastern border region Donbas, and then Crimea, and you have a situation where Russia has had that. I don’t think legitimately, but they had,” DeSantis said, according to excerpts. “There’s a lot of ethnic Russians there. So, that’s some difficult fighting, and that’s what I was referring to, and so it wasn’t that I thought Russia had a right to that, and so if I should have made that more clear, I could have done it.”

https://apnews.com/article/ron-desantis-ukraine-republicans-2024-f44acc03f772f393b7f8d452ee26508a

Flip flop artist.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 05:46:29 PM »

F*** this guy.

How stupid does he think we are?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 06:10:59 PM »

The issue DeSantis faces is the GOP has voters that are either very neocon or very paleocon and balancing that is gonna be extremely hard   
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 08:21:58 PM »

Remember when this guy was humiliated on a debate stage by a disgraced, deeply-closeted drug addict? How did any of us ever think he was at all ready for prime time?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 05:46:47 PM »

Remember when this guy was humiliated on a debate stage by a disgraced, deeply-closeted drug addict? How did any of us ever think he was at all ready for prime time?

To be fair...he still won that election in spite of that...debates don't matter.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 05:49:58 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2023, 05:53:06 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

To be fair...he still won that election in spite of that...debates don't matter.

LoL it was IAN, IAN was the 911 , so what if he won, FL isn't a liberal state either, not one poor person lost a Yacht or beach home or even middle class person on top of Surfside
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2023, 09:10:45 AM »

RonCon is learning you can't just say whatever Karl Rove believes will be the electorally best thing to say. PRINCIPLES MATTER!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies