Blinken criticized the Ugandan Anti-Homosexuality Act, but received overwhelming pushback on twitter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 11:31:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Blinken criticized the Ugandan Anti-Homosexuality Act, but received overwhelming pushback on twitter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Blinken criticized the Ugandan Anti-Homosexuality Act, but received overwhelming pushback on twitter  (Read 2307 times)
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2023, 12:34:19 PM »

Why should we mess with Ugandan laws? Hmm? We allow the Saudis, who executes gays mind you, but oh noo Uganda is going too far? Let's not waste our time on them, its their own country and their own laws and it is simply none of our damn business!
It isn't like atlas red avatars are known for their devotion to good relations with Saudi Arabia.
You won't get any disagreement from on that. I dislike the Saudis with a passion! Can't we have some non hypocritical foreign policy?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2023, 01:42:06 PM »

Well this is a thoroughly disgusting thread.

Par for the course for the recent atlas cons obsession with the LGBT

Of all the ideological coalitions I've seen in my time following politics, the current "social ultraconservatives + postcolonialism-of-fools Third Worldist homophobes + perpetually 2005brained America Bad leftists + wumaos who love communism when it happens to line their pockets but think Bernie Sanders is a scary bad radical" rogues' gallery on international human rights issues is definitely one of the more depressing ones.
Boy I can tell how terminally online I am by the fact I literally understood and agreed with everything you said here
maclennanc2
Rookie
Niger

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2023, 01:59:44 PM »

Of all the ideological coalitions I've seen in my time following politics, the current "social ultraconservatives + postcolonialism-of-fools Third Worldist homophobes + perpetually 2005brained America Bad leftists + wumaos who love communism when it happens to line their pockets but think Bernie Sanders is a scary bad radical" rogues' gallery on international human rights issues is definitely one of the more depressing ones.
Boy I can tell how terminally online I am by the fact I literally understood and agreed with everything you said here

Except I have never heard of any "wumaos" who think Bernie Sanders is a "scary bad radical"
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2023, 03:59:20 PM »

Except I have never heard of any "wumaos" who think Bernie Sanders is a "scary bad radical"

We have one on this very forum.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2023, 10:25:01 AM »

Support from an unlikely quarter ?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2023, 10:46:28 AM »

Opposing the death penalty for homosexuality is a low bar that even Ted Cruz can clear.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2023, 11:15:19 AM »

Support from an unlikely quarter ?

Does this qualify as a sista Soulja moment,
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2023, 02:50:01 PM »

Cruz also received overwhelming pushback on Twitter, largely from a huge amount of deranged blue checkmark accounts
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2023, 05:22:08 AM »

Russia and Chine are unfortunately much more popular among Africans than the US. That's why they are also overwhelmingly supportive of Putin's war in Ukraine.

This, of course, begs the question of how this came about, but that's a complicated topic for another thread.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2023, 05:33:12 AM »

Russia and Chine are unfortunately much more popular among Africans than the US. That's why they are also overwhelmingly supportive of Putin's war in Ukraine.

This, of course, begs the question of how this came about, but that's a complicated topic for another thread.
Sovet-African friendship during the Cold War and decolonization. Nostalgia of anti-Western imperialism uniting them. Also, sympathy with Russia when it comes to "traditional" values, in contrast with the "satanic" West.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2023, 08:14:53 AM »

Have we figured out yet just which actors in the West are responsible for 3rd world homophobia, so that said actors can be appropriately punished, and what that punishment should be? I thought not.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies