Could Brian Kemp have been a strong 2024 GOP nominee and could he have beaten Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:50:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Could Brian Kemp have been a strong 2024 GOP nominee and could he have beaten Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could Brian Kemp have been a strong 2024 GOP nominee and could he have beaten Trump?  (Read 494 times)
Cyrusman
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2023, 01:01:26 PM »

considering that he was able to successfully defeat Trump in Georgia last year ( when many including me though he was DOA in late 2020/early 2021), do you think he could've defeated Trump and won the nomination? I say this because everyone thought Trump getting David Perdue and primarying Kemp would have been the end of Kemp, but not only did he embarrass Trump and Perdue, he cruised to reelection and got decent support from independents and moderates.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 05:53:53 PM »

Kemp probably isn't interesting or prominent enough for the average Republican to be much of a presence in a national primary. And that doesn't even include how the base would treat him for certifying Biden's victory in Georgia.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 05:56:54 PM »

Honestly, I think he would be a lot better candidate than DeSantis in a GE. He's more likeable. He's taller. He's actually stood up to Trump and Trumpism. But he could never beat Trump in a million years
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 06:10:22 PM »

Not really, he does not have a base of support.

He should be a Republican star for twice beating a Democratic star, Stacey Abrams.

He does not have a personality and he's not young.

Ever since DeSantis beat Gillum in 2018 I saw him as a potential 2024 candidate.

He has the look of a potential president.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 06:11:39 PM »

Kemp is just an average Republican backbencher just like Raffensberger. Good for GA but not good for the Nation.
Cyrusman
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 06:16:00 PM »

Honestly, I think he would be a lot better candidate than DeSantis in a GE. He's more likeable. He's taller. He's actually stood up to Trump and Trumpism. But he could never beat Trump in a million years

Then how did he embarrass Perdue (Trumps pick) in the primary? In late 2020/early 2021, so many people, including myself thought he was screwed come 2022 because he pissed off the GOP base for not giving into Trump.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 10:10:00 PM »

You'd think he'd be strong in the primary for twice beating Stacey Abrams.

And you'd think he would be strong in the general for standing up to Trump.

But standing up to Trump is unforgivable to Republican primary voters.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2023, 03:51:09 PM »

Honestly he'd have a stronger case if he waits until 2028 after Trump or more competent imitation of Trump, DeSantis loses in 2024.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies