FL Senate advances bill against pronouns in school. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:21:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FL Senate advances bill against pronouns in school. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL Senate advances bill against pronouns in school.  (Read 1265 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: March 29, 2023, 07:26:30 AM »

Florida: where parents' rights go to die.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 08:09:52 PM »

America should look like Florida. We need to follow their leadership on using culture wars to distract from real issues.

While democrats were distracted with the AP stuff, DeSantis passed universal school choice with not much opposition .

No thoughts on this bill, which is in complete opposition to your previous postings that schools should use whatever pronouns parents tell them to use?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 11:01:50 PM »

America should look like Florida. We need to follow their leadership on using culture wars to distract from real issues.

While democrats were distracted with the AP stuff, DeSantis passed universal school choice with not much opposition .

No thoughts on this bill, which is in complete opposition to your previous postings that schools should use whatever pronouns parents tell them to use?

1. We don’t know how the final version of the bill looks like yet .

2. If it looks like now then I would not be a fan of such a proposal but it wouldn’t change my opinion of DeSantis if he signs it into law or not .

Why would it not affect your opinion of DeSantis if he has a drastically different opinion than you on the #1 issue driving the Republican Party in 2023?

I get that you live in Oregon and are kinda insulated from this (#bluestateprivilege) but believe me, the red state legislatures have no other major agenda items this session than seeing who can one-up each other on the most anti-trans legislation. Even the abortion stuff was mostly accomplished last year and has taken a backseat to bowing to the Walshes and Raichiks of the world (in my state's case, literally bringing in Walsh himself to speak at the bill signing Sad)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies