FL Senate advances bill against pronouns in school.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:21:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FL Senate advances bill against pronouns in school.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FL Senate advances bill against pronouns in school.  (Read 1246 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2023, 02:12:12 PM »

This is literally the post-Western society described in 1984 where they are literally stripping out, lobotomizing, if you will, the English language.

Florida is a post-American society.

Florida IS the face of American society, everything this country stands for, everything it means to be American--we should take this as the damning reflection on our "culture" that it is, rather than bury our heads in the sand and pretend we as a country have ever been better than this.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2023, 02:32:51 PM »

If you don’t like America then leave

Question - is America for or against democracy? Is it for or against unnecessary socially conservative authoritarianism? Maybe Republicans should leave if THEY don't like it.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2023, 02:35:05 PM »

How the f__k are you supposed to speak english in sentences without using pronouns?

The Republican majority of Florida’s Legislature has decided it wants to restrict the use of peoples’ personal pronouns to those aligned with the sex assigned on their birth certificate. The lawmakers want to start in public schools.

Did you (or the 8 people who recommended your post) actually think Republicans wanted to ban using pronouns of any sort in schools?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2023, 02:39:59 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2023, 02:46:03 PM by ProudModerate2 »

How the f__k are you supposed to speak english in sentences without using pronouns?

The Republican majority of Florida’s Legislature has decided it wants to restrict the use of peoples’ personal pronouns to those aligned with the sex assigned on their birth certificate. The lawmakers want to start in public schools.

Did you (or the 8 people who recommended your post) actually think Republicans wanted to ban using pronouns of any sort in schools?

We wouldn't think that a huge majority of Republicans thought the 2020 election was rigged and fraudulent and that their Orange God really won (and that their violent insurrection based on this garbage, really "wasn't that bad" on our democracy/governance).
But here we are today.
So don't be so smug about the ridiculous s**t Republicans want to do or what they think is reasonable, because their past (very recent) record smells really, really bad.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2023, 02:49:34 PM »

Then homeschool or go private?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2023, 03:07:38 PM »

Republicans have passed legislation that makes even less sense than this, so I wouldn't put it past them to f__k up the wording of a bill with unintended consequences.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2023, 03:21:30 PM »

Good luck enforcing this LOL

The People's Republic of Florida really should leave the union, though. It's a communist state. How are we supposed to beat China if we have states striving to be more like them?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2023, 03:35:44 PM »

Just like the don't say gay bill, this legislation would only be enforced against queer people. If a cis female person is referred to as 'she' or 'her' they won't care.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2023, 06:33:40 PM »

How will this affect English classes?
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2023, 07:21:39 PM »

Florida: where parents' rights go to die.
its literally all projection
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2023, 07:26:57 PM »

America should look like Florida. We need to follow their leadership on using culture wars to distract from real issues.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2023, 07:31:26 PM »

America should look like Florida. We need to follow their leadership on using culture wars to distract from real issues.

While democrats were distracted with the AP stuff, DeSantis passed universal school choice with not much opposition .
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2023, 07:34:38 PM »

While democrats were distracted with the AP stuff, DeSantis passed universal school choice with not much opposition .
Good. I also support school choice. It means we can distract from actually properly funding schools and instead can still systemically screw marginalized communities and also will create a dynamic of when the parents who are working and often less able to fight for enrollment in a “good” school and the divide between the have and have nots grows in an already stratified society.

This will lead to resentment and hopefully with that more toxic politics that results in a breakdown of social order.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2023, 08:09:52 PM »

No thoughts on this bill, which is in complete opposition to your previous postings that schools should use whatever pronouns parents tell them to use?
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2023, 08:16:22 PM »

Good. I also support school choice. It means we can distract from actually properly funding schools and instead can still systemically screw marginalized communities and also will create a dynamic of when the parents who are working and often less able to fight for enrollment in a “good” school and the divide between the have and have nots grows in an already stratified society.

This will lead to resentment and hopefully with that more toxic politics that results in a breakdown of social order.

Lmao. Man I don’t support the TikTok ban either and I get that the worry about losing your platform sucks, but are you really calling for the end of social order because you’re big mad over TikTok? Either this is some kind of bizarre hyperbolic trolling, or you need to seek mental help.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2023, 08:21:22 PM »

Lmao. Man I don’t support the TikTok ban either and I get that the worry about losing your platform sucks, but are you really calling for the end of social order because you’re big mad over TikTok? Either this is some kind of bizarre hyperbolic trolling, or you need to seek mental help.
It’s also my internship this summer possibly, I worry about it being rescinded now which would be a huge blow. Like if that happens I don’t even know what I would do…

It’s also my lack of a competitive edge in the future market which I had, it is the complete destruction of a proud achievement that I meticulously planned out, and went against all odds and expectations. I literally showed that I could do something on my own that was f**king impressive, now that’s gone as well. And what makes me angry? The stupidity of it all.

We both know there is no good reason for this ban. The alleged concerns are unfounded, to lose all that because of some f**king lie and then for the majority of peoplecto cheer it on…how can I not hate them?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2023, 08:51:23 PM »

No thoughts on this bill, which is in complete opposition to your previous postings that schools should use whatever pronouns parents tell them to use?

1. We don’t know how the final version of the bill looks like yet .

2. If it looks like now then I would not be a fan of such a proposal but it wouldn’t change my opinion of DeSantis if he signs it into law or not .

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2023, 09:28:52 PM »

Lmao. Man I don’t support the TikTok ban either and I get that the worry about losing your platform sucks, but are you really calling for the end of social order because you’re big mad over TikTok? Either this is someve this one, the answer is  kind of bizarre hyperbolic trolling, or you need to seek mental help.

After reading his most recent post, two posts above this one, the answer is "seek mental help."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2023, 09:32:15 PM »

2. If it looks like now then I would not be a fan of such a proposal but it wouldn’t change my opinion of DeSantis if he signs it into law or not .

Who are you kidding?
If DeSantis signed a law that allowed people to eat babies, it would not change your opinion on your God Politician.
You are totally obsessed with him, and it's obvious to everyone here in Atlas, how you salivate over everything-DeSantis.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2023, 11:01:50 PM »

Why would it not affect your opinion of DeSantis if he has a drastically different opinion than you on the #1 issue driving the Republican Party in 2023?

I get that you live in Oregon and are kinda insulated from this (#bluestateprivilege) but believe me, the red state legislatures have no other major agenda items this session than seeing who can one-up each other on the most anti-trans legislation. Even the abortion stuff was mostly accomplished last year and has taken a backseat to bowing to the Walshes and Raichiks of the world (in my state's case, literally bringing in Walsh himself to speak at the bill signing Sad)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2023, 09:25:25 AM »

It’s also my internship this summer possibly, I worry about it being rescinded now which would be a huge blow. Like if that happens I don’t even know what I would do…

It’s also my lack of a competitive edge in the future market which I had, it is the complete destruction of a proud achievement that I meticulously planned out, and went against all odds and expectations. I literally showed that I could do something on my own that was f**king impressive, now that’s gone as well. And what makes me angry? The stupidity of it all.

We both know there is no good reason for this ban. The alleged concerns are unfounded, to lose all that because of some f**king lie and then for the majority of peoplecto cheer it on…how can I not hate them?

Why would TikTok getting banned prevent you from putting your "proud achievement" on your resume?  And plenty of people have jobs that everyone hates. IRS workers, DMV people, cops, HR. They seem to cope mostly okay.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2023, 09:49:01 AM »

Why would TikTok getting banned prevent you from putting your "proud achievement" on your resume?  And plenty of people have jobs that everyone hates. IRS workers, DMV people, cops, HR. They seem to cope mostly okay.
Well you are right about the first point. I can still put this on a resume when applicable.

But your second point misses the mark. I don’t care about having a job everyone hates, I care when that job is taken away for little reason.

And finally this is a question specifically for you, what makes you like this? Like even the way you phrase this question, you do it in the most condescending way possible with your use of quotes. You constantly attack posters who disagree with you as being unemployed (which many times is not true) and repeatedly insinuate you are at some higher ground compared to the masses. I e asked this before but what have you done that makes you entitled to this arrogance?

Are you making seven figures annually, did you climb Mount Everest without oxygen? What have you done that makes my achievement and the lives of others small in comparison? I’m genuinely curious.

DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2023, 09:51:11 AM »

Well you are right about the first point. I can still put this on a resume when applicable.

But your second point misses the mark. I don’t care about having a job everyone hates, I care when that job is taken away for little reason.

And finally this is a question specifically for you, what makes you like this? Like even the way you phrase this question, you do it in the most condescending way possible with your use of quotes. You constantly attack posters who disagree with you as being unemployed (which many times is not true) and repeatedly insinuate you are at some higher ground compared to the masses. I e asked this before but what have you done that makes you entitled to this arrogance?

Are you making seven figures annually, did you climb Mount Everest without oxygen? What have you done that makes my achievement and the lives of others small in comparison? I’m genuinely curious.

No I've never done anything particularly impressive.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2023, 10:22:53 AM »

So a law against lying about what you are?
I do not have an issue with that.
Parents can play make believe nonsense at home but when their child is in school he or she should enter reality.

Please stay away from children
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies