Strength Through Peace: Commentaries from the Peace Movement (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:11:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Strength Through Peace: Commentaries from the Peace Movement (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strength Through Peace: Commentaries from the Peace Movement  (Read 740 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: April 27, 2023, 10:08:34 PM »

The Ideal Voting System

What kind of voting system does the team at Mecha prefer?

Easy.  We like it simple.  Why have all of these rules?  All of these arbitrary guidelines?  Since when has sockpuppetry been a real threat outside of the minds of some paranoid moderators?

That's why we say under the ideal system any Atlasian with a profile in the Leipiverse over the age of 13 should have automatic registration in Atlasia and be able to vote and participate in Atlasia as soon as the account is active.

It really is as simple as that.  If you show the willingness to participate, to get involved, if you have the calling you can and you should have the right to vote.

It used to be a mock government for all of Atlas. One of the biggest reasons why we don't do that is the legions of ex-players who do not want to be involved. They would not be thrilled with being automatically registered into a game that largely despise.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 11:03:39 AM »

The Ideal Voting System

What kind of voting system does the team at Mecha prefer?

Easy.  We like it simple.  Why have all of these rules?  All of these arbitrary guidelines?  Since when has sockpuppetry been a real threat outside of the minds of some paranoid moderators?

That's why we say under the ideal system any Atlasian with a profile in the Leipiverse over the age of 13 should have automatic registration in Atlasia and be able to vote and participate in Atlasia as soon as the account is active.

It really is as simple as that.  If you show the willingness to participate, to get involved, if you have the calling you can and you should have the right to vote.

It used to be a mock government for all of Atlas. One of the biggest reasons why we don't do that is the legions of ex-players who do not want to be involved. They would not be thrilled with being automatically registered into a game that largely despise.

Isn't there a way around that, like reading a pm from an Atlasian and telling them "thanks but no thanks I don't want to play Atlasia"?  Like I get tons of unsolicited mail like nearly every day and I ended up on I think it was the change.org list because one time a long time ago I signed something saying being mean to gay people was bad.  If I wasn't lazy I'd simply unenroll from these email lists or something like that.

I mean I have been on and off again on this game for ages.  I have been an "ex player" more times than I can count.  Getting unsolicited pms from posters in the game seems to be par the course and just something I expect out of this website.  I've never viewed it as offensive or triggering in any way because I simply have ignored these pms unless I am participating in the game.  If I ever felt like I couldn't stand getting these pms I'd simply tell whoever pm'd me to please stop pming me about Atlasia.

One of the biggest reasons why deregistration was re-allowed was because people viewed the Do Not PM lists as a ineffective since nobody paid attention to them.

As you might recall from about 2008 until 2013 deregistration did not exist and the only way to leave was to fall off the rolls.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies