Will Brian Fitzpatrick ever lose re-election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:03:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Brian Fitzpatrick ever lose re-election?
Yes, he’ll eventually lose

No, he has his seat as long as he wants it.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Will Brian Fitzpatrick ever lose re-election?  (Read 910 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2023, 11:28:25 AM »

Spectator
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 11:35:50 AM »

I think he’s the least likely to ever of any blue seat Republican, but it’s not inconceivable in the next blue wave midterm. He would’ve lost in 2018 if he wasn’t running against a disaster artist. Granted, he’s become much more entrenched by now.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 11:51:32 AM »

Honestly, more likely a primary than a GE.

One thing Fritzpatrick is really good about is staying on the dl. If he got more media, Trumpists would be unhappy with him and could successfully out primary him but that just never happens, and even in a narrowly divided House like this one, he's still been pretty quiet. One could argue part of this is a failure on Dem's part to really go after him or at least force him to answer difficult questions.

PA-01 despite being suburban has had a lot of internal counteracting shifts; I don't think the seat will ever become "too blue" for any Republican to win, though it could get more difficult.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 12:54:38 PM »

Doubtful.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 01:09:47 PM »

I wouldn't rule out him getting MAGAed in 2024 if Trump on ballot on same day primary.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 02:17:11 PM »

I wouldn't rule out him getting MAGAed in 2024 if Trump on ballot on same day primary.

He had a MAGA challenger in '22 and still almost got 2/3rds of the vote. I don't think there's a hunger for a MAGA challenger in PA-01.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 02:21:40 PM »

Probably will next year
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 03:48:47 PM »

There are no polls it's pointless to have these what ifa threads
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2023, 04:49:29 PM »

If trends continue to go the way they are he could lose somewhere between 2028 and 2032, but I also wouldn’t rule out a primary challenge from somebody on the MAGA wing.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2023, 07:50:13 PM »

Most likely he'll see the writing on the wall and retire first, but maybe he goes down hard like Barbara Comstock.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2023, 01:49:19 AM »

It's certainly not impossible, but at this moment it might take truly extraordinary circumstances for it to happen (e.g. a nationwide blue tsunami, previously unknown skeletons in his closet, etc.).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2023, 06:54:11 AM »

Blue state RS in the H and S are DOOMED IN 24, and the test is OH, MO and MT and TX in the S, even Garcia will lose in CA it's a Deep blue state CA
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2023, 09:30:19 PM »

PA-01 despite being suburban has had a lot of internal counteracting shifts; I don't think the seat will ever become "too blue" for any Republican to win, though it could get more difficult.

This is an excellent point to note. Bucks is fundamentally different from, say, Chester County. I don't want to oversimplify it (and someone with more knowledge should correct me), but it looks like it might be the case that Bucks is more WWC ethnic Catholics, while Chester is more your typical upper-crust WASPy suburban county.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2023, 09:32:59 PM »

This is an excellent point to note. Bucks is fundamentally different from, say, Chester County. I don't want to oversimplify it (and someone with more knowledge should correct me), but Bucks seems to be more WWC ethnic Catholics, while Chester is more your typical upper-crust WASPy suburban county.

Yes, that's def fair to say. The outer parts of Chester County have also been growing and becomign more suburban in a way outer Bucks hasn't. Also, Chester has higher ed attainment.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2023, 09:40:23 PM »

This is an excellent point to note. Bucks is fundamentally different from, say, Chester County. I don't want to oversimplify it (and someone with more knowledge should correct me), but Bucks seems to be more WWC ethnic Catholics, while Chester is more your typical upper-crust WASPy suburban county.

Yes, that's def fair to say. The outer parts of Chester County have also been growing and becomign more suburban in a way outer Bucks hasn't. Also, Chester has higher ed attainment.

Also while we're on the topic of Pennsylvania political geography, Erie County just seems incredibly inelastic and seems to have a shockingly low Democratic ceiling.

Specifically, I'm thinking about PA-GOV and PA-SEN, 2006. In PA-GOV Casey beat Santorum by more than 17 points. In PA-SEN Gov. Ed Rendell beat Lynn Swann and cleared 60%. Yet neither Casey nor Rendell managed to break the 60% threshold in Erie, despite Casey managing it in a county like Greene and Rendell managing it in Chester (arguably the antithesis of a county like Greene politically speaking).

I suppose it goes back to Erie being a perfect bellwether of the state but nonetheless, I'd expect at least one of the two to have broken 60% in Erie (Rendell managed to do so statewide, so Erie actually voted to the right of the state).

And also re: PA-GOV wtf happened in the Philly suburbs? Could anyone with deeper knowledge about PA politics explain this? Rendell broke 60% in Chester and he managed over SEVENTY percent of the vote in Bucks (which, like Erie, seems to be fairly inelastic - though unlike Erie, Bucks is more inelastic in presidential elections than downballot).
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2023, 09:53:15 PM »

Also while we're on the topic of Pennsylvania political geography, Erie County just seems incredibly inelastic and seems to have a shockingly low Democratic ceiling.

Specifically, I'm thinking about PA-GOV and PA-SEN, 2006. In PA-GOV Casey beat Santorum by more than 17 points. In PA-SEN Gov. Ed Rendell beat Lynn Swann and cleared 60%. Yet neither Casey nor Rendell managed to break the 60% threshold in Erie, despite Casey managing it in a county like Greene and Rendell managing it in Chester (arguably the antithesis of a county like Greene politically speaking).

I suppose it goes back to Erie being a perfect bellwether of the state but nonetheless, I'd expect at least one of the two to have broken 60% in Erie (Rendell managed to do so statewide, so Erie actually voted to the right of the state).

And also re: PA-GOV wtf happened in the Philly suburbs? Could anyone with deeper knowledge about PA politics explain this? Rendell broke 60% in Chester and he managed over SEVENTY percent of the vote in Bucks (which, like Erie, seems to be fairly inelastic - though unlike Erie, Bucks is more inelastic in presidential elections than downballot).

I think it could be because Erie is pretty polarized between the urban part and rural part (for a midwestern state in that region). Even in landslide elections, both sides still have a base of support within the County if that makes sense.

As for 2006 Gov, I'm not completely sure, but even back in 2006 regional politics used to matter a lot more, and Rendell was a generally well liked mayor of Philly who received positive media - that media prolly carried over into Bucks and Chester too. Philly suburbs were never really deep red either; they've always had a more liberal streak like much of the northeast.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2023, 10:02:01 PM »

I think it could be because Erie is pretty polarized between the urban part and rural part (for a midwestern state in that region). Even in landslide elections, both sides still have a base of support within the County if that makes sense.

As for 2006 Gov, I'm not completely sure, but even back in 2006 regional politics used to matter a lot more, and Rendell was a generally well liked mayor of Philly who received positive media - that media prolly carried over into Bucks and Chester too. Philly suburbs were never really deep red either; they've always had a more liberal streak like much of the northeast.

Historically fairly conservative. Not like Hamilton County, IN, conservative, ofc, but fairly red.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies